Reliability of the Search Database

Yantantether

Reliability of the Search Database

Post by Yantantether »

I just want to give a heads up to IT's who use this resource. Be very aware that much of the information on there may not be what you expect once school specific contract details are revealed. You need to ask school specific questions to find out the 'REAL DEAL' information on packages.

For example: The salaries quoted by some schools will include their housing allowance (which, by the way is probably also taxed) but this will not be clear on the database! Another thing to be wary of is that some schools may quote an unrealistic 'savings potential' figure plucked from the air - I've found huge differences from schools within the same city. Salary entry restrictions sometimes further muddy the waters and again are not stated on the database. Healthcare insurance is another grey area to be mindful of. Many schools will have restrictions on which hospitals you can use, co-pay policies etc.

Keep your eyes wide open out there folks. This is not a kick at anyone (though I do think Search could do more to make their info. more transparent without too much extra effort) and many IT''s already know this stuff but hopefully a help to those out searching for a school right now perhaps unawares of some of the issues discussed. Good luck!
MamfeMan

Re: Reliability of the Search Database

Post by MamfeMan »

You should pay this much attention to those numbers on the Search database: 0.
PsyGuy

Response

Post by PsyGuy »

Both ISS and SA school profile databases are outdated and the information is solely supplied by the individual IS, they can report anything they want. You can not rely on data reported in the school profile database. The salary ranges are best to look at as a group within a region to give you an idea of the lowest, highest and the range, but nothing on an ISs school profile page is binding.