Search found 2053 matches

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:46 pm
Topic: TES Community forums are now gone

Re: TES Community forums are now gone

My thoughts? They pulled the boards down. They are going through each forum to make sure it is in compliance with whatever Brexit says needs to be there. Maybe a revamp while they are at it.

I think they'll be back. It keeps eyes on the site, which increases value of TES.
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:33 am
Topic: Competitiveness in 2020

Re: Competitiveness in 2020

Look below the Sahara too, Zebra. There are quite a few good smaller schools there in East, West, and Central Africa.
Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:41 pm
Topic: Do I have a chance?

Re: Do I have a chance?

Forteach,

if you have a US passport, go as a US teacher, which is where you have taught anyways.
Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:34 pm
Topic: Moving Into Admin But Down a Tier?

Re: Moving Into Admin But Down a Tier?

Usually less, IME, but it depends on the school. I have generally been at smaller schools. I would say 15 - 20%. Others may have different metrics as there is no one size fits all.
Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:05 pm
Topic: How Competitive?

Re: How Competitive?

You are competitive, but I see on the other side you have no IB experience. Get to an IB school, even if it isn't tier 1, and get trained, teach through the DP cycle completely at least twice (that is three years) to have a baseline on student results and the experience taking students through the e...
Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:01 pm
Topic: Moving Into Admin But Down a Tier?

Re: Moving Into Admin But Down a Tier?

As an administrator in multiple roles, I still make less than I did in my last two teaching posts with no admin duties. But, this position is the springboard to other, better, positions, or a move to a directorship where my salary would be better. Not all schools are rich, but you can learn just as ...
Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:00 pm
Topic: Is provisional license experience seen differently by employers than post-license experience?

Re: Is provisional license experience seen differently by employers than post-license experience?

Mencoh, if you have a provisional licence, my first question would be, "Have they taught two years?". If the answer is yes, then it is down to experience, fit, and other items in references and CVs. If I am in a country where licencing is stricter, my question might be, "Is this provi...
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:32 am
Topic: December SA Fair - How Was It?

Re: December SA Fair - How Was It?

Search (at least my associate) has made it pretty clear that January in Singapore and London and Boston are the big three with the first two being for more experienced candidates. December, especially this year, is a bit iffy... there are so many unknowns out there for schools that it is a bit early...
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:59 pm
Topic: MBA or MEd?

Re: MBA or MEd?

You might also want to talk to your admin or admin in general. At many schools, if your masters is not in education (leadership, curriculum, etc) then they won't necessarily count it as a masters towards your teaching pay/experience scale. Just a heads up on that.
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:07 pm
Topic: Admins Out There

Re: Admins Out There

I think if you are a school where staff senses there is a vision, where they feel things are moving forward and contributions are valued, and there is a sense of community, that teachers are more willing to stay. It's not just about the security (although it is a factor), but also about the alignmen...
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:04 pm
Topic: IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning

Re: IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning

Yet I'm in admin with no admin certificate, but with a leadership masters, having moved up from mid-level positions... Schools will understand if you have the masters but your jurisdiction does not offer any type of leadership cert (as mine didn't and doesn't).
Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:30 pm
Topic: IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning

Re: IB Certificate in Teaching and Learning

Do a hybrid program, with time on campus in summer and online during school year. You won't be disappointed and you get a more personalized experience.
Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:26 pm
Topic: Time Off

Re: Time Off

I did a hybrid program quite awhile ago. 3 weeks on campus, one online course a semester, three weeks on campus, one and two online courses. This was a research masters, so there was a dissertation with all that implies, which leads to a real PhD if I choose to later. One class a semester was manage...