Mon May 31, 2021 9:36 am
Topic: Signs it is Time to Move On

Re: Signs it is Time to Move On

My first job (other than casual employment during my uni years) was in an international school and I had a two year contract. I’m not making any claims about “special” anything.
Mon May 31, 2021 2:59 am
Topic: 10,000!

Re: 10,000!

And like the currency in my first international post, it's worth less with every passing day.
Mon May 31, 2021 2:55 am
Topic: Signs it is Time to Move On

Re: Reply

PsyGuy wrote:

> every IT I know with a career
> in IE started out with a 1 year contract.

Not me.
Wed May 19, 2021 12:29 am
Topic: International Qualification for Headship (NPQH)

Re: International Qualification for Headship (NPQH)

In its alignment with Liverpool Hope U, and its choice of topics, it is similar to the PTC. The difference being that the PTC has name recognition in international schools. The NPQH not so much. It could indeed be helpful in teaching you useful things, and I would never look askance at learning usef...
Tue May 18, 2021 9:30 am
Topic: International Qualification for Headship (NPQH)

Re: International Qualification for Headship (NPQH)

Agree with chemteacher.
Probably not worth the paper it’s printed on. Get a full degree and perhaps add some ptc.
PhD is recommended for bigger, fancier tier 1 type schools. Med is fine for middle level.
Wed May 12, 2021 9:13 am
Topic: Vaccine info in CV?

Vaccine info in CV?

First time for everything. An applicant’s CV included that she has been fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
It isn’t relevant to our hiring process. What do people think of presenting this info?
Tue May 11, 2021 10:08 pm
Topic: Resume Services and ATS

Re: Resume Services and ATS

I don’t personally know of any schools who use such services. I suppose they might, but my guess is it would be limited to the larger school networks- the businesses who own multiple schools. Not sure how much I care about being compliant with their system. If the service is otherwise worthwhile, us...
Tue May 11, 2021 9:22 am

Re: Search or Schrole for Japanese schools?

buffalofan wrote: > [quote=sid post_id=61220 time=1620630283 user_id=218] > Then why leave after two years? > [/quote] > > If you are a career IT, do you really want a tier 3 school in China on your > resume for longer than that? No. But nor do I want a string of short stays. More importantly to me,...
Mon May 10, 2021 2:04 am

Re: Search or Schrole for Japanese schools?

[quote=fangpiren post_id=61219 time=1620617859 user_id=251846] Once I got a job in China using ISR reviews. I went down the list of reviews specifically searching for high paying but mismanaged tier 3 schools because in my experience, low tier and mismanaged Chinese schools are ripe for a good long ...
Sun May 09, 2021 7:31 am

Re: Search or Schrole for Japanese schools?

If your focus is that small, skip the agencies altogether. Use the “find an IB school” tool, filter for Japan, and contact all the relevant schools directly. Good luck.
Mon May 03, 2021 11:38 pm
Topic: School is changing our contracts in the spring

Re: School is changing our contracts in the spring

I think we all agree the school should have indicated the changes earlier, but it changes nothing for the op. At this point, he has to decide whether to sign or leave.
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:36 am
Topic: School is changing our contracts in the spring

Re: School is changing our contracts in the spring

The timing sucks, but you knew that. I wish schools wouldn't play like this, but the truth is that sometimes they do. I've been at a school where my teaching contract was similarly changed in the spring. Same sort of deal, some good, some bad, and an unfair timeline. It happened again at a school I ...
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:48 am
Topic: Situation in Thailand

Re: Situation in Thailand

Did things change after you interviewed, in which case it's not fair to say that things were misrepresented. Or were they already switching online/physical before you interviewed? And are you sure your source is more accurate than the person who spoke at interview? Is there a difference between what...