Search found 2054 matches

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:44 am
Topic: What do you think about combining a Grade 9 and 10 English classes together?

Re: What do you think about combining a Grade 9 and 10 English classes together?

Except that DP1 students coming in who CANNOT ana lyze are at a severe disadvantage when trying to achieve the 6/7 band on their final exams. As I have told students in my DP classes - you can know the entire content of the course - and you'll get a 5. It is only in the synthesis and ana lysis that ...
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:41 am

In my subject area there are clear differences. [quote=FV2020 post_id=61440 time=1623526019 user_id=234318] There is no criteria written specifically for year 4, so in practice the schools I’ve worked at use the year 5 criteria for both years. Beyond that, there’s only minimal difference between the...
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:21 am
Topic: Covid and Breaking New Contract

Re: Covid and Breaking New Contract

Our carrier provided COVID cover and we received very specific details about when it would and when it would not apply. It was done and handled very well and everybody was relatively happy and understood. The school's proactivity in this was well-received.
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:52 pm

FV2020 wrote: > If they are MYP curriculum, it could make sense; the standards are the > exact same for grade 9 and 10. Otherwise, it would take a lot of curriculum > planning in order to do it in a meaningful way. Typically, the grade 10 > students would read more complex material and write about m...
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:50 pm
Forum: Forum 2. Ask Recruiting Questions, Share Information. What's on Your Mind?
Topic: International School of Belgrade - ISB- Tips

Re: International School of Belgrade - ISB- Tips

You're just graduating as a teacher. What is their policy? I suspect, if they are like most International Schools, it is 2 years experience. So get some domestic experience, and then apply. Don't be surprised that, if you have some connection locally, like spouse of passport, that they pass on hirin...
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:47 pm
Topic: Package ??? Love it or leave it

Re: Package ??? Love it or leave it

@PG - $1.00 a day - but there's 5 people. That's 5X20 a month - $100 they don't have to spend. $1,000 extra a year in their pocket, roughly.
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:47 am

Re: How many class periods per week do you have?

sid wrote: > I prefer hours to percentages. Percentage adds in another variable: > percentage of what? Of a forty hour work week? Of a forty five hour work > week? Of a thirty five hour work week? > Or is it a percentage of the available teaching time, which is generally > less than the total workin...
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:44 am

Re: How many class periods per week do you have?

angelica1981 wrote: > shadowjack wrote: > > Most of my schools the load has been 3/4 daily, or 75% overall at > > secondary. My present schoo is 5/8. My very first post awhile in the past > > was 4/8. > > Sorry, does 3/4 daily mean three or four periods per day, or does it mean three > fourths of th...
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:59 am

Re: How many class periods per week do you have?

Most of my schools the load has been 3/4 daily, or 75% overall at secondary. My present schoo is 5/8. My very first post awhile in the past was 4/8.
Mon May 31, 2021 2:22 pm

Re: Reply

PsyGuy wrote: > @fine dude > > Which was every single one of us who started their career in edu with their > first contract, which likely was a year and every IT I know with a career > in IE started out with a 1 year contract. > > The cost of living is usually going up, and not everyone pays health ...
Mon May 24, 2021 3:20 pm

I think it is a win win for a small school if the classes are smaller. If you have 5 of each, combine to ten. Rotate your curriculum over a two year cycle so that it doesn't matter who enters which grade it will be new material. Pitch your expectations high to the grade 9s and higher to the grade 10...
Fri May 21, 2021 1:23 pm

Re: Signs it is Time to Move On

If you only have a year left, in this time of COVID, I would bite my tongue, tough it out, and go recruiting next year.
Thu May 20, 2021 10:16 am
Topic: Trends in international school counseling

Re: Trends in international school counseling

Most schools I have been at, counsellors don't manage the master schedule. However, they do run or co-run the advisory program.
Sun May 16, 2021 1:13 am

Re: Signs it is Time to Move On

falconeer wrote: > There is always that one fateful morning when it is different. You wake up > and you don't want to go in and that sentiment comes from a deeper place. > We all need blinders on to a degree, but that voice hits when the blinders > come loose and we don't want to put them back on ag...
Thu May 13, 2021 10:51 am
Topic: Resume Services and ATS

Re: Resume Services and ATS

I've been around awhile and never heard of this. I think it is a gimmick this company is using to try and set themselves apart and get business.