Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:30 pm
Topic: Wanna teach but not die! Seriously...

Re: Wanna teach but not die! Seriously...

Knew I'd get some smart arse answers. Of course, tons of stuff goes on here.... UnCloudy wrote: > Uh, read the local news and you will feel better about your prospects in > the world. Start by Googling school shootings. You're actually under the > impression that it's "better" here? Then you should ...
Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:52 am
Topic: Wanna teach but not die! Seriously...

Wanna teach but not die! Seriously...

Ok, maybe I have been back in the States for too long (10 years) after teaching in the Middle East and Asia for a number of years. Where IN THE WORLD is an actual safe place to live and teach these days? All this horrible crap going on in the ME, nuclear fish in Japan, crazy jihadists all over the p...
Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:07 pm
Topic: Top Paying school in Colombia?

Top Paying school in Colombia?

What's the top paying school in Colombia? Can a single person live fairly well, travel and still save a good bit?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:46 pm
Topic: A newbie got a job

Big Congrats!! So, tell us, at what school will you be teaching?? :)
Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:11 pm
Forum: Forum 2. Ask Recruiting Questions, Share Information. What's on Your Mind?
Topic: Concordia IS Shanghai - how religious? What's the story?

Any info on what the package is like at this school?
Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:49 pm
Topic: Just refunded by ISS

That's a shame. I'm sure there are tons of schools that would love to have you.
Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:47 pm
Topic: American School in Japan - how long?

American School in Japan - how long?

So how often does this school have vacancies? Must one wait for someone to die or retire in order to get a shot at an interview?
Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:49 pm
Topic: Saudi Aramco salary

Saudi Aramco salary

So after years of being somewhat intrigued by this school and hearing tons of rumors about how grand it is to work there I want to know... How much do teachers really make? I know it's a lot but I want numbers.... anyone?
Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:04 am
Topic: Ageism in International Schools

Thanks for the response, HeyTeach. What countries were the schools in who told you they wouldn't be able to get a visa? And on the flip side, which countries/schools tended to want older teachers with experience? I taugh internationally for several years a while back. I'll probably head back oversea...
Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:14 pm
Topic: Ageism in International Schools

Ageism in International Schools

Has anyone experienced or known anyone who has experienced ageism when applying to international schools? (Thinking specifically of tier 1 & 2 schools.
Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:35 pm
Topic: No Spring Chicken

No Spring Chicken

Wondering which countries are willing to hire applicants over 55 years of age. I have heard that some countries will not allow work visas for older applicants. Thanks.
Sat May 26, 2012 11:59 am
Topic: DODDS Hiring Question

@ WeDoDude - your posts are particularly helpful. I especially appreciated reading that DODDS is expanding in Spain, Italy, Belgium and two new schools are opening in Korea.

Can you give more specifics on where in these countries the expansions/new schools will be?

Thanks!
Sat May 26, 2012 11:06 am
Topic: DODDS Hiring Question

[quote="Dunany"]This may be the thread that breaks the camel's back.[/quote]

And to think I started it all. I've really enjoyed reading all these posts!
Sun May 20, 2012 3:04 pm
Topic: Age Limit in Central/South America

Sure... most interested in Ecuador, Peru, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama

To a lesser extent interested in Brazil, Argentina, Chile.