Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:15 am
Topic: What do you think about combining a Grade 9 and 10 English classes together?

@SJ

How do you know the inability of DIP 1 students to ana1yse is because their MYP year 4 spent the year on ana1ysis and not identification and not some other factor, because it just sounds like @SJ claiming that 1 year on identification and 1 year on ana1ysis is better than two years on ana1ysis?
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:13 am
Topic: Avoid Swiss boarding schools

@Heliotrope My own counsel will I keep on what I write. Because you took the coin. If you enjoy it give the coin back to them. Otherwise you have no bases thats absent bias that what you truly enjoyed was the work and not enjoyment of the coin. If you wont do it for free, than weve established that ...
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:05 am

Discussion

Accepting for the moment that focusing on the IS over the location is in all ways better for the IT, how does that bare any positivity on trailing spouses or non-school age dependents. Great the IT has an awesome super cool IS, whats the trailing spouse to do, they are either stuck in a location tha...
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:29 am
Topic: US Teacher Certification Change States

@Bears123 The teaching experience option (really performance evaluation) is only viable if your teaching in a DC LEA. Otherwise your options are to complete the 120 clock hours of acceptable PD for one credential endorsement and an additional 45 clock hours of acceptable PD for each additional endor...
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:26 am

Discussion

I disagree with @Heliotrope, go where you want to go, in a place you will like to live. You can survive a horrible IS in a location your happy living in. No matter how good the IS is if the location is horrible, at most youll live to work. Even more so for your children and especially if you have a ...
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:44 am

@Heliotrope

Thats my position, Im the one writing it. Im taking the counter position in opposition of @Sids position.

We know different people.

Says the person who took the coin.
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:42 am

Discussion

While I see and agree with @SJs synopsis and position, its been my finding that in the vast majority of cases that this occures its a so what and a shrug. The ISs that embrace this approach dont care about the nuances, from their position spending two years getting to the goal is better than one, as...
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:37 am
Topic: Covid and Breaking New Contract

@Spawnboy99 Neither of the prior contributors advice is likely to be anything but to your detriment. The IS has already told you they dont provide COVID benefits and pestering them about it is not likely to change anything. All its going to do is signal to them is that theres potentially an unresolv...
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:29 am
Topic: Trends in international school counseling

@secondplace

As I am equally comfortable with my position and experience.
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:23 am

Response

Giving you a full course on IE and becoming an IT is a long post. In direct reply to your questions: 1) Somewhere warm with high demand. Your looking at the ME (Middle East) places like Qatar and Kuwait for example that tend to have a difficult time recruiting and a lot of demand, as they are genera...
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:22 am

@Heliotrope

Of course its true for me Im the one writing it, who else would it be representing.
I dont write from your point of view or to express your opinion, I write from my perspective.

So when you go to your IS do you take the coin?
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:18 am
Topic: Trends in international school counseling

@secondplace

I didnt state your need, just need, and your inflating it.
Having a couple members agreeing with you doesnt make your claim true, truth is not dictated ad populum.
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:15 am
Topic: Covid and Breaking New Contract

@Sid Yes it is okay, COVID is still a very real pandemic, and real infection rates increased in the destination. These are real lives that you seem cavalier about putting in harms way because of a piece of paper. Contracts arent suicide pacts. @Spawnboy99 So theres no agency for an IS to complain to...
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:14 pm

Response

That is utter bunk. If the COVID excuse is still valid for ISs to rescind their offers and contracts then its still valid for ITs to use in withdrawing acceptance of their contracts. The agencies feelings or rational, isnt really at issue. If COVID is an excuse for an IS its a valid excuse for an IT...
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:52 pm
Topic: Insurance Over the Summer in US

Response

There is some merit to the position of @Sid, it may very well be the case that once you leave and are no longer resident your coverage expires. It may also be the case that even if your coverage could be maintained that your IS will cancel it once you leave. The only real good answer is that you nee...