Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:24 pm

Re: Hong Kong or Singapore?

Thanks for all the help. We have accepted the offer of employment and are excited for the move to Singapore!
Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:07 am

Re: Hong Kong or Singapore?

Wow thank you for the in depth reply! Much appreciated.

The tuition is above what you stated, 30s up to mid 40s. The salary is also slightly higher, we would be making a little more than I thought.
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:24 pm

Re: Hong Kong or Singapore?

Hi, I don't think we can match our pension plan unless we go somewhere very lucrative, but either those destinations are not appealing (middle east, I have already lived there) or they are tier one schools that I have applied to and not been selected for interview (NIST etc.). I am OK with not match...
Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:04 am

Re: Hong Kong or Singapore?

Thanks so much for weighing in! The 200k in Singapore is inclusive of housing. We were told that 4000 Singaporean would get us a nice 3 bed apartment with good facilities in a good area? We would also be taxed on 2 kids school fees. There is an end of contract bonus. no 13th month. Sounds like a gre...
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:24 am

Re: Hong Kong or Singapore?

Hi, The million dollar question, haha! We would like a nice but not extravagant lifestyle I guess. A nice 3 bed apartment with amenities for the kids. The ability to go on some holidays when things open up to neighbouring countries, and going 'home' in the summer. Here we have swimming lessons and o...
Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:40 am

Re: Hong Kong or Singapore?

Thanks so much for the balanced replies. How does the taxation of school fees work in HK and Singapore? A tax percentage of the value?

Could we save on these salaries (2x ESF or the 2x 100k in Singapore)?
Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:47 pm

Re: Hong Kong or Singapore?

Thank you this is great!
The package would be roughly 200,0000 singaporean gross as a teaching couple + health insurance. Is that reasonable?
Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:39 am

Hong Kong or Singapore?

I have had interviews for both Hong Kong (ESF) and Singapore schools. Their timeline is to make offers next week. Wondering what the best place for a family is currently? Considerations: - Quality of life/ potential to get involved in activities during COVID - Potential for children to make friends ...