Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:31 pm
Topic: Should we pull out of China move?

Re: Should we pull out of China move?

[quote]

I have read that it is unlikely dependent visas will be issued for remainder of 2021. I am not willing to be separated from my family.
[/quote]

Where did you read that?
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:47 am
Topic: Package

Re: Package

I agree that you probably won't save much but can live comfortably enough with that package. And I myself would certainly jump at the chance to live in Tokyo!
Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:30 pm
Topic: Time between job offer and contract?

Re: Time between job offer and contract?

Well, for what it's worth, the school has told me I should expect a contract the week after Chinese New Year break. Fingers crossed....
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:01 pm
Topic: TES Community forums are now gone

Re: TES Community forums are now gone

Doesn't seem like I can check out the pro boards without registering.

Are those boards specifically for international teachers?
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:08 am
Topic: Teaching in China

Re: Teaching in China

Check the member forums (it's worth the money) and also this link: https://internationalschoolsreviewdiscuss.wordpress.com/2020/04/02/name-your-school-comment-on-their-response-to-covid-19-lets-keep-each-other-informed/ You can also try contacting a current teacher at the school. If admin won't give...
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:42 am
Topic: Teaching in China

Re: Teaching in China

There are multiple posts about this both in these forums and the member forums. Basically, yes, it's possible that people will be able to relocate to China this summer/fall. Check to see how your school handled the pandemic last year and if they were able to get teachers into the country. If they di...
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:35 am
Topic: Should we pull out of China move?

Re: Should we pull out of China move?

I agree with the others. Sid has good advice. How did they treat staff in 2020, and were they able to get new staff into the country? I have accepted a job in China, and I have three dependents. But my school got positive comments on these forums about how they handled things last year, and I know f...
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:31 pm
Topic: Time between job offer and contract?

Re: Time between job offer and contract?

I guess I was under the mistaken assumption that they were just going to email me something in an attachment to sign. If they need to pull together a bunch of official documents and then mail them, then that's totally understandable that it would take a few weeks. I should probably stop stressing ou...
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:41 pm
Topic: Time between job offer and contract?

Time between job offer and contract?

How long is it, typically, between being offered a job and actually receiving a contract to sign? It's been several weeks since my last interview with a particular school, and I finally got an official job offer last week. I don't have the finalized contract yet, but maybe that's normal? I haven't g...