Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:59 pm
Topic: In 50s ready to relocate: comparing pension options

Re: In 50s ready to relocate: comparing pension options

At $76k you're on more than the vast majority of teachers. My advice is stay where you are.
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:58 pm

Re: Creating fake references

I am but a rational economic agent seeking to maximise his utility. Now, why not do this?
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:29 pm
Topic: Negotiating and Accepting an Offer with a Pregnant Wife

Re: Negotiating and Accepting an Offer with a Pregnant Wife

Don't say a word, your personal life is quite frankly none of their business.

Dismissing someone because they had a child is illegal in all civilised countries on the planet, and often even in some uncivilised ones too.
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:59 am

Re: Creating fake references

Heliotrope wrote: > h1275 wrote: > > Just imagine seriously thinking anyone is going to issue a red notice > > because you lied about work experience on your CV. Half the world would be > > in prison. > > Definitely not half. Most people won't put fake jobs on their CV. > > > > So there seems to be ...
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:55 am

Re: Feeling very stressed in my new city - Advice?

Heliotrope: And if I was caught, I'd be fired, as that behaviour isn't up to the standard that (most) admin would believe is acceptable. Just because I might behave 'unacceptably' to some paper pusher who spends his day watching youtube, doesn't mean I'm going to accept bad behaviour that affects me...
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:50 am

Re: contract back out repercussions

Heliotrope wrote: > h1275 wrote: > > This of course assumes the OP gets one of those nice positions, otherwise the > point > > is moot. > > Well, you have to cancel your current contract first before getting another offer, > since they will definitely contact your current school if you're applying a...
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:50 pm

Re: Feeling very stressed in my new city - Advice?

shadowjack wrote: > Schools in Europe are not bound to offer support in finding accommodation. > They are 'international', but are governed more by local labour laws and > taxation laws. If you're going to pull 'the law' out, I'm pretty sure no where is legally bound by statute to help their employe...
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:23 am

Re: contract back out repercussions

Heliotrope wrote: > h1275 wrote: > > Just cancel the contract with the first school and take the better offer. > > In any other industry, an employee who gets an offer for more money/a nicer > > location/better career prospects would drop their old employer without a > > care in the world, and it's ...
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:09 am

Re: contract back out repercussions

Just cancel the contract with the first school and take the better offer. In any other industry, an employee who gets an offer for more money/a nicer location/better career prospects would drop their old employer without a care in the world, and it's no different here. You have to look after number ...
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:38 am

Re: Feeling very stressed in my new city - Advice?

Heliotrope wrote: > h1275 wrote: > > Not helping someone find a place to live after you've employed them from > > overseas goes way beyond 'bad treatment', and more into the realm of a > > human rights violation. > > > > Run, and don't look back. They've left you in a hostel ffs, how much worse > > ...
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:31 am

Re: Feeling very stressed in my new city - Advice?

Not helping someone find a place to live after you've employed them from overseas goes way beyond 'bad treatment', and more into the realm of a human rights violation.

Run, and don't look back. They've left you in a hostel ffs, how much worse can it get?
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:23 pm

Re: Creating fake references

Interpol? Just LOL, let's be realistic, that's never ever going to happen. Just imagine seriously thinking anyone is going to issue a red notice because you lied about work experience on your CV. Half the world would be in prison. If you find out, sure you won't employ me. But you wouldn't employ me...
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:35 am

Re: Feeling very stressed in my new city - Advice?

Why would you stay at a place where you are left to sleep in a dorm room and the admin clearly don't give a damn about you? Just LOL if you would put up with such treatment because of some worthless piece of paper you signed.
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:32 am

Re: Creating fake references

Heliotrope: I can't change careers since this is really the only job you can get that allows you to travel overseas with ease. Plus, would take too long to retrain and I've no desire to do so anyway, since it's a pretty easy job all in all, and in most places you get to salarymog the locals and bang...