Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:48 am
Topic: SAS Pudong

SAS Pudong

What is SAS Pudong like for kids with slight learning needs? Kids who might need a bit of support but don't have full blown issues in lots of different areas.
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:14 am
Topic: Saying No Politely

Re: Saying No Politely

I really appreciate all of the advice from experienced international teachers. This is very helpful. Thank you!
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:08 pm
Topic: Saying No Politely

Saying No Politely

I'm new to the job search process. If I get an interview offer from a school that I don't want to go to, how do I politely say no?
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:29 am

Re: Doubling up on Recruitment agencies

@GrumblesMcGee "One could interpret this behavior from Search as a sign they're desperately trying to hold onto their market share and wary of anything (off-platform communciation, candidates listed with multiple agencies) that could lead to them either losing your commission or incentivizing school...
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:55 am

Re: Doubling up on Recruitment agencies

@sid Great response. I laughed when you referred to the CD Rom. You make some good points about your associate getting to know you better via being cc'd in. I can shift my thinking about that. Maybe it's just this specific associate compared to the one I had a few years ago that I think retired. It ...
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:39 am

Re: Doubling up on Recruitment agencies

@sid - I don't have any issues with him being cc'd if I apply to something within Search but I feel like if I am applying to a job from a school that is on ISS or GRC and not on Search, I don't know why I would still need to cc him. I know my previous associate didn't ask me to reword emails to scho...
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:19 am

Re: Doubling up on Recruitment agencies

My search associate seems adamant that I cc him on any emails I send to schools outside of the Search website. I joined ISS and GRC. What is the protocol for applying/communicating with schools from within Search vs. ISS vs. GRC if a specific school is on all 3 platforms?
Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:22 am
Topic: GRC Reference

GRC Reference

My wife and I have signed up with ISS and GRC. Because of a glitch in the system, she was able to see all of her references in GRC. She saw that one of her references gave her a "Good hire, give me a call" response instead of the one that says she is endorsed without reservation. This surprised her ...