Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:26 pm
Topic: Situation in China

Re: Situation in China

Looking ahead to August this year, how likely do you all think it is that schools in China will need to reduce staff for financial reasons? I know it's crystal ball stuff, but interested in your opinions.
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:23 pm
Forum: Forum 2. Ask Recruiting Questions, Share Information. What's on Your Mind?
Topic: How to tell if Primary actually teaches?

Re: How to tell if Primary actually teaches?

Now I totally agree with you! That does sound like poor management indeed. I understand your frustration with lack of information regarding tracking, curriculum alignment etc. It is very hard to tell, IB scores are the only grades that are published in my experience and by then it's too late. Intern...
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:05 pm
Topic: Doing something wrong?

Re: Doing something wrong?

Agree that you should add a sentence or two to your cover letter to explain what your spouse will be doing. Write from the angle that he/she is flexible and adaptable, positive towards new experiences and cultures. Some trailing spouses are just 'misery on legs'. Try and align your cover letter to t...
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:20 pm
Topic: How to tell if Primary actually teaches?

Re: How to tell if Primary actually teaches?

Assuming primary students are actually the majority feeding the secondary? In a few schools I have worked in, students have entered secondary from other schools/countries. Many with variable levels of academic ability and English. International students are transient and I don't think you can ever a...
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:23 pm
Topic: Attending a fair - with kids

Re: Attending a fair - with kids

I agree with the babysitting option at the hotel. Once you are at an international school you'll need to find care for your child anyway, especially for induction week/s. Why not start gently with some babysitting at home for short periods to get him or her used to it. Once your child is reassured y...