Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:29 am
Topic: Should we pull out of China move?

Re: Should we pull out of China move?

If you have dependents, be careful about China. We have a new staff member who came in the fall and expected their family to be able to follow a few months later. It is now almost March and there are no signs the family will be able to get their visas anytime soon.
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:02 pm
Topic: China People - What Does Online Learning Look Like for You Right Now?

Re: China People - What Does Online Learning Look Like for You Right Now?

My husband and I both teach secondary but have 2 elementary-aged kids. My 2nd grader's teachers are using Seesaw to post short video lessons and activities. That has been great because she can do a lot of it without our help, the instructions are clear, and we all know where to turn in assignments. ...
Fri May 03, 2019 9:51 pm
Topic: Canada/China Relations

Re: Canada/China Relations

I'm from the US, not Canada but feel very safe in China. I work with a few Canadians and they have never mentioned feeling unsafe or unwelcome. I have 2 young kids and would never take them anywhere I felt unsafe. In your day to day life, you won't notice the political issues at all.
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:35 am
Topic: Feeling like I want to move my family back home

Re: Feeling like I want to move my family back home

I know that if you already have a credential and add on an authorization through taking the CSET you have to take a subject area pedagogy class. Not sure how that applies to your husaband’s situation though.
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:51 am
Topic: Feeling like I want to move my family back home

Re: Feeling like I want to move my family back home

My husband and I taught for many years in California (north of Sacramento) before moving to teach abroad. Are you certified to teach in California? CA has some of the strictest credentialing requirements. It's easy to move to another state if you have a CA credential, but not always easy to move to ...