Search found 72 matches

by GrumblesMcGee
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:14 pm
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: Questions for possible career changer
Replies: 29
Views: 24141

Re: Questions for possible career changer

You'd probably be considered. At the risk of sounding arrogant, if you aren't considered, it doesn't strike me as a place you'd want to work anyway. You're overqualified for IE, but lack a track record of success (at the K-12 level, internationally, and in a specific curriculum). Some schools will u...
by GrumblesMcGee
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:40 am
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: Best Job Fair to Land a Tier 1 School
Replies: 101
Views: 30720

Re: Best Job Fair to Land a Tier 1 School

I don't disagree with the - that one gets a better sense of a candidate in a face-to-face setting vs. an online one. Technology has certainly narrowed the gap, and I'd even suggest there are some things (e.g., a teacher's online presence, their capacity for handling said technology and its inevitabl...
by GrumblesMcGee
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:11 am
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: Doubling up on Recruitment agencies
Replies: 19
Views: 16146

Re: Doubling up on Recruitment agencies

schoolofrock wrote: > I teach an in-demand subject, I wish that I had just gone with > ISS and GRC for my next round. But I've paid my cash so I'll just have to > roll with it this time around. Thanks for helping me to see it in a > different way. As I wrote earlier in the thread, I'm no fan of Sear...
by GrumblesMcGee
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:15 pm
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: Has anyone suspected that a boss or colleague lied about cre
Replies: 67
Views: 25165

Re: Has anyone suspected that a boss or colleague lied about

I don't position myself as the adult here. And while I may agree with you as to PsyGuy's childish antics, I suggest you take a look in the mirror. Beyond calling me "Grumbler," your antics in the PsyGuy feud are reprehensible. You present yourself as a longtime leader and yet you think threatening a...
by GrumblesMcGee
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:08 am
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: Best Job Fair to Land a Tier 1 School
Replies: 101
Views: 30720

Re: Best Job Fair to Land a Tier 1 School

Nomads wrote: > The point is I want to get to know them better before I hire them. I want > to know if they are the teachers I want working with our students and be a > part of our community. At a fair, I can see them in a variety of settings > including interviews, conversations during the day, the...
by GrumblesMcGee
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:22 pm
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: Best Job Fair to Land a Tier 1 School
Replies: 101
Views: 30720

Re: Best Job Fair to Land a Tier 1 School

Still waiting on that data. Is it that hard to find? I mean, you obviously just reviewed it in order to arrive at your reasoned position, and then told us that the data supported said position.
by GrumblesMcGee
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:19 pm
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: Planning ahead. How can I become an IT in Germany?
Replies: 55
Views: 16768

Re: Planning ahead. How can I become an IT in Germany?

As the sole and exclusive authority on what constitutes an FTW declaration, I irrevocably declare Illiane_Blues the victor. Rest assured that I have weighed all perspectives, - all data, and consider my position sufficiently strong to withstand all debate.
by GrumblesMcGee
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:54 am
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: Best Job Fair to Land a Tier 1 School
Replies: 101
Views: 30720

Re: Best Job Fair to Land a Tier 1 School

How about you present your data on the number of hires from the fair? Seems pretty straightforward.
by GrumblesMcGee
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:49 am
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: Has anyone suspected that a boss or colleague lied about cre
Replies: 67
Views: 25165

Re: Reply

PsyGuy wrote: > They arent presented as facts, I dont declare such claims and statements as > facts. You interpret and perceive them as facts because. Im not responsible > for yours or anyone elses perceptions and interpretations. It's cute how you try to wed "presented as" and "declare [them]...as....
by GrumblesMcGee
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:43 am
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: Best Job Fair to Land a Tier 1 School
Replies: 101
Views: 30720

Re: Best Job Fair to Land a Tier 1 School

Heliotrope wrote: > His main point that is contested is that they don't go to fairs (or at > least the Singapore one) to hire teachers. And on that point, I tend to disagree (but defer to others with more experience...just not him). I pulled his - out of the trash heap because embedded in it was his...
by GrumblesMcGee
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:27 am
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: Has anyone suspected that a boss or colleague lied about cre
Replies: 67
Views: 25165

Re: Has anyone suspected that a boss or colleague lied about

Heliotrope wrote: > I agree that doxxing is absolutely not done. > I do however see where Walter is coming from: PsyGuy has repeatedly been > misrepresenting himself, and often posts his opinions as facts. Also, he's > a bit of a bully, albeit in a clumsy way. > Many of the forum's readership are no...
by GrumblesMcGee
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:49 am
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: Has anyone suspected that a boss or colleague lied about cre
Replies: 67
Views: 25165

Re: Has anyone suspected that a boss or colleague lied about

Illiane_Blues wrote: > Your opinion about Walter is not everyone's opinion about him. I know you > don't like it when he corrects you when you're wrong but others don't mind > it. Preface: Most of my posts on this forum express some sort of disgreement with and/or mockery of @PsyGuy. That said, I'll...
by GrumblesMcGee
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:39 am
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: How do you research your potential next school and city?
Replies: 7
Views: 3862

Re: How do you research your potential next school and city?

Thames Pirate wrote: > To go back to the original question: > > Expat forums are your friend. This might include forums, blogs, and social > media groups. You can use these to get the expat community's feel of a > school (parents, community), which may or may not differ from what you see > on ISR or...
by GrumblesMcGee
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:30 am
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: Best Job Fair to Land a Tier 1 School
Replies: 101
Views: 30720

Re: Best Job Fair to Land a Tier 1 School

This is one of those bizarre conundrums that makes my head spin. @PsyGuy is totally blowing smoke (he has no significant data), but is right with regard to the core of his argument: they don't need the fairs. Sure, some admins like being able to meet candidates face to face, but it's 2019. There's S...
by GrumblesMcGee
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:19 am
Forum: Forum 1. From Questions About ISS & Search to Anything and Everything About International Teaching
Topic: Rio and EARJ
Replies: 13
Views: 6169

Re: Rio and EARJ

Ben: Thanks for the clarification. Honestly, the forum has become a bit stagnant.