Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:19 am
Topic: Can I force Majeure?

Can I force Majeure?

Can someone please explain if force Majeure is claimed... what that means for the school and the teacher? Will the teacher be given vacation pay or any prorated bonus? Will they at least get money for until they did online teaching?
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:28 am
Topic: I don’t know when I can and should go back to China

I don’t know when I can and should go back to China

I have been a teacher at a school in Shaanxi province for the past few years and I came back home to Canada for the winter break... however, things have changed quite dramatically over the past few weeks. All the teachers, including myself, have been doing online classes. HR said that we were suppos...
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:48 am
Topic: Unionpay annual withdraw limit time frame

Unionpay annual withdraw limit time frame

Hello, I was hoping if someone can clear this up for me. I know that unionpay has an annual withdrawal limit of 100,000 yuan a year but does that mean calendar year (January 1 till December 31)? Or does it mean from the time I got a unionpay card (for example I got a unionpay card in May 2019 so the...
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:43 am
Topic: Money transfer from China to Canada

Re: Money transfer from China to Canada

Also, I’m just wondering that when I leave China for good, can I still access my account? (Meaningi don’t have my chinese work permit, visa anymore)
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:25 am
Topic: Money transfer from China to Canada

Money transfer from China to Canada

Hello, Can somebody please tell me if it is legal for me to leave my bank of China Unionpay bank card with my wife in Canada and I put money in it from China so she can withdraw from Canada? I know there is a 100,000 yuan annual limit. As long as I don’t cross that, is it ok? Also, is HSBC internati...
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:51 am
Topic: MTEL Preparation

MTEL Preparation

Hello,

Can someone please tell me some good preparation resources and techniques for MTEL Chemistry (12) (for grades 8-12) and Communication and Literacy (reading and writing exams)?

Please and thank you.
Thu May 16, 2019 10:24 pm

Re: What is the qualified pay scale?

@psyguy Thank you very much again for all your advices! My school accepted the ACSI certificate and amended my contract accordingly!! Again, thanks so much! Honestly. On another note, since I have been able to buy myself some time now with the ACSI certificate, I don't think, and I think you would c...
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:35 pm

Re: What is the qualified pay scale?

Thanks for all the help psyguy. I will call them up and ask.
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 am

Re: What is the qualified pay scale?

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it. Are they going to ask me and is it going to be any issue if I am not an American citizen if I want to get the MEPID?
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:10 pm

@psyguy

Hey, when I try to register at the ELAR portal, they ask for Social Security Number and if not, they give a contact number for the department of education. What do i do?

Please let me know thanks!
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:32 am
Topic: Anyone know anything about footstep-learning?

Anyone know anything about footstep-learning?

I was recently told about this website by a colleague who's friend in the past had done a diploma from this website:

https://footstep-training.com/online-co ... -training/

Does anybody know anything about this?
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:25 am

@ psyguy

I have a Canadian degree... is that going to work for ACSI? Also, I'm not Christian, is that going to be a problem?

P.S. They agreed that both of these certificates will be accepted! Thank you so much for the information you have provided me
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:31 pm

Re: What is the qualified pay scale?

@psyguy My holidays start from July 9 and I need to get a credential, (and probably get them authenticated, school hasn't said anything about that yet) by August 18 for any increment to take place. I have looked at tests for MTEL around China but there is nothing. The earliest test I can get is July...
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:51 am

Re: What is the qualified pay scale?

They are asking for me to give them website of the license issuing body or a example of a license. When I apply for the license online, when can I get a proper copy of the license? Maybe they don't just want an unofficial copy of the license for MA. What is the procedure for getting the hard copy? A...