Sun May 02, 2021 8:00 pm

Re: Avoid Swiss boarding schools

I heard a similar story about a teacher having to clean up vomit regularly but this was at the most expensive of all of the Swiss boarding schools. It might be the same school as none of these boarding schools come close to being top tier.
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:35 am

Re: Avoid Swiss boarding schools

Heliotrope & secondplace, there is no point trying to argue with Psyguy. He has his own truth and will never admit he is wrong. He will try to convince you he knows better than those who work or have worked at Swiss boarding schools themselves. He is a troll.
Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:55 am
Topic: How long is your commute?

Re: How long is your commute?

Do not settle for a house that far away just because it is offered to you on a silver platter.
If you do some digging you could find a house just as nice a lot closer. Putting in some extra work will pay off.
Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:47 am

Re: Avoid Swiss boarding schools

> And I am talking about the very fancy boarding schools with the highest > tuitions in the world. I assume you mean Institut Le Tulipey and Institut auf dem Tulipsberg? Some teachers even lose money working at Swiss boarding schools because they like to travel Europe during breaks. I wouldn't call ...
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:59 am
Topic: How long is your commute?

Re: How long is your commute?

Last month I moved to a house closer to my school because I don't want to waste time commuting.
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:56 am

Re: Avoid Swiss boarding schools

> And I am talking about the very fancy boarding schools with the highest
> tuitions in the world.
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:49 am
Topic: What to do after PGCEi being useless?

Re: What to do after PGCEi being useless?

Your ethnicity does diminish your chances but you can still get to where you want to go. It does mean the road to get there will be longer. The better schools are usually the ones that will look less at skin color but unfortunately to be considered there you first experience at the the lower tier sc...
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:22 am
Topic: PE Teachers and schools that only locally hire

Re: PE Teachers and schools that only locally hire

I have not worked at a school with a local PE teacher yet but I do notice that PE teachers will stay at the same school longer than other teachers.
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:18 am
Topic: 32K - Average Salary for International Teachers?

Re: 32K - Average Salary for International Teachers?

Every time Psyguy refuses to link to a source I assume he doesn't have any and he just made it all up.
The "Do your own research" is him trying to get away with not having a source.
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:20 am
Topic: Making decisions on schools based on Covid?

Re: Making decisions on schools based on Covid?

I always heard ISM was a dream school but it seems they are no more. Sad.
Seems the list of dream schools is getting shorter and shorter.
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:17 am
Topic: External CV Company

Re: External CV Company

$800-1000USD???
If there is a big market for this I'm switching careers.
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:16 am
Topic: Physics or Middle School Science? Ranking?

Re: Physics or Middle School Science? Ranking?

Yes, Computer Science and HL Maths at my school. If you have experience teaching both plus IB experience than you will have an easy time recruiting.
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 am
Topic: TES Community forums are now gone

Re: TES Community forums are now gone

sid wrote:
> Reddit. [Groans]

Some subreddits are not too bad.
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:10 am
Topic: 32K - Average Salary for International Teachers?

Re: 32K - Average Salary for International Teachers?

<t>I have heard a number of $39,000 but that seems low seeing the Search Associates averages of $41,700 and $48,700. <br/> If you count all schools that label themselves as international the number might go down but I would only count accredited schools where you need to be a licensed teacher from a...