Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:31 am

Re: Current 2019 list of countries with best savings potenti

fine dude wrote: > If Heliotrope and Thames Pirate don't respond to every petty thing PG has > to say, we'd have more substance and less BS on this forum. I will never > put my kids in any of these folks classes. I agree, but it's good that Heliotrope, Thames Pirate and others point out when PG misi...
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:47 am
Topic: Negotiating and Accepting an Offer with a Pregnant Wife

Re: Negotiating and Accepting an Offer with a Pregnant Wife

mamava wrote: > I would disclose your information, but in this case, I might wait until the > offer actually hits the table. It wouldn't be too late for them to find > another teacher if they said no to you--and by waiting, you know that they > did want you, so you might have that in your pocket whe...
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:09 pm
Topic: Long term disability: It's very important.

Re: Discussion

I believe in plenty of countries they will also pay out if you move out of the country after payment has started. Sometimes they will adjust the height of the payments to reflect the local cost of living so if you move to Laos the monthly sum will be lower than if you stay in Western Europe. But I'm...
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:03 pm
Topic: contract back out repercussions

Re: contract back out repercussions

I'm sure h1275 understands that his advice is worthless, but he's nothing more than a troll.
Also, I think it's actually PsyGuy.
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:00 pm
Topic: Creating fake references

Re: Creating fake references

h1275 is definitely nothing more than a troll.
Furthermore, I think it's actually PsyGuy taking it up a notch under a different alias, using punctuation to make us think it's not him. Smart, for a troll – now he can agree with himself.
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:18 pm
Topic: Have you ever stopped an interview right on the spot?

Re: Have you ever stopped an interview right on the spot?

There was never a need for me to stop an interview but from what I read here I have been lucky. I always make sure I know enough about the school and if possible the administrator so I only interview for jobs at schools where I actually want to work. For my first job I did get lucky though because b...
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:08 pm

Re: Current 2019 list of countries with best savings potenti

Maybe PsyGuy and Heliotrope should just agree to disagree once again? However I have to say that when I hear a salary mentioned for a school anywhere but in western Europe I never assume rent will have to come out of that. And Heliotrope, of course PsyGuy does not know how many sources you are using...
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:01 pm
Topic: Long term disability: It's very important.

Re: Long term disability: It's very important.

I have been thinking about this recently. I have some money saved but if I couldn't work anymore because of an accident I would run out of money after a few years.
In some European countries you will automatically be insured for this but I'm not sure which ones.
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:30 pm

Re: Current 2019 list of countries with best savings potenti

Heard yesterday what my friend at UNIS Hanoi saves yearly, and it's a lot. But hard to get a job there.
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:56 am
Topic: Secrecy around salaries

Re: Secrecy around salaries

I'd much rather work at a school with a salary scale and not with negotiated salaries. The fact that I'm in a high needs subject doesn't mean I work harder or have more or better degrees than the English teacher at my school. If anything they are working harder than I with all the essays they have t...
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:29 am
Topic: questions from a newbie
Views: 1927

Re: questions from a newbie

Heliotrope wrote: > By now, having taught with so many people over the course of my career, I know lots > of teachers at lots of schools, who in turn all know other teachers at other schools, > so it's very easy nowadays to get the contact details of someone currently working at > the schools on my ...
Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:04 am
Topic: Life in Armania

Re: Reply

It will be obvious to everyone with a brain that: - People wearing a blindfold will be worse at guessing someone's age - Surgeons will be more confident about performing surgery than, well, everybody else - Yes, to communicate effectively you always attune the message to the recipient of that messag...
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:27 am
Topic: Schools that pay for flights up front?
Views: 1917

Re: Schools that pay for flights up front?

If it's a reputable school, I'd rather book myself and get reimbursed. Ive encountered both but never had a problem getting back the money. If it's a school with bad reputation I would def ask them to book it for me. If they say no, then I would ask one of the current teachers there if there's ever ...