Thu May 30, 2019 6:11 pm
Topic: Number of bedrooms for family of four in school accommodatio

Re: Number of bedrooms for family of four in school accommod

Wow, interesting, I had no idea it was a law to have separate bedrooms for children over a certain age in ME.Learn something new everyday.
Thu May 23, 2019 4:18 pm

Re: Finally found an IT position!!

@grumbles - thx for that advice - I did converse with my Search Associate at one point and she really couldn't understand other than I was a family of 3 and my age - oh well, I was a bit picky about places, but I am hoping I position myself for the next IT placement somewhere else.
Mon May 20, 2019 7:59 am

Re: Finally found an IT position!!

Hey, Europe is still heavily recruiting. I would have pushed on through summer. Who cares! It's a very decent school.
Mon May 20, 2019 7:58 am
Topic: Is only using Search Associates a mistake?

Re: Is only using Search Associates a mistake?

TES has some really good schools on there. I wouldn't discount them at all. They have been the one place where I have gotten the most responses, even if a no.
Sun May 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Re: Finally found an IT position!!

@heliotrope - I know - embarrassing - 65 (actually it was way more) but I'll keep that one to myself!! - I was always wondering what wasn't clicking. After the acceptance, more yes we want you letters started coming in - you know what they say, once you have a job, the offers start coming.
Sat May 18, 2019 3:45 pm
Topic: Finally found an IT position!!

Finally found an IT position!!

Hey all, After months! of looking and applying to well over 65 schools!! Lots of reject letters, some initial interviews and let downs, I finally got a job that I am very happy about. I'm also 55 and it's tough out there. I finally accepted a teaching position in Italy. I am over the moon as this is...
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:56 pm
Topic: American at a British school?

Re: American at a British school?

I often wonder this too. I have 4 1/2 years teaching the British Curriculum. I believe as long as you are teaching the Standards, you are ok. Of course, you have to do some research to brush up on unfamiliar topics, but I believe anyone can adapt to a Curriculum, its how you teach the standards that...
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:49 pm
Topic: Late start working toward a retirement

Re: Late start working toward a retirement

Ha! Im 55 and still have a lot of life left in me. Europe retirement is 67 or so, they are less strict than Asian countries.
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:59 pm
Topic: Moving from China to Europe - advice???

Re: Moving from China to Europe - advice???

What does it mean to "ghost" a job or reference? I have seen this comment a few times. I have no clue what this means. Thanks for any insight.
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:24 pm
Forum: Forum 2. Ask Recruiting Questions, Share Information. What's on Your Mind?
Topic: Boston Fair Info and thoughts..

Re: Boston Fair Info and thoughts..

Yes, I will keep on applying - thank you!

Anyone else on here go to Boston Fair and secure a job???
Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:27 pm
Topic: Boston Fair Info and thoughts..

Re: Boston Fair Info and thoughts..

Part 2: Sunday: Well after I thought I had a second interview at a school I rec'd 2 emails back to back, one said we would like to invite you blah blah.... and 20 min later I got one that said, thank you but we are not taking any more applicants. Good thing I hadn't opened the first one and responde...
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:59 pm
Topic: Ichiro examples

Re: Ichiro examples

I did mine using a google template for a brochure. Then went to Kinko's and copied it on very light lavender paper and folded it in 1/3rds. I copied in color and stopped when I realize it had gone above $50!! I'm glad I did it. It may have been neutral as far as recruiters receiving it, but as Psygu...