Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:00 pm
Topic: Housing for families in Asia

Re: Housing for families in Asia

kellysensei wrote:
> Thanks for the info so far! Seoul is more expensive than I thought. I'm quite
> interested in Incheon (Chadwick Intl School) and Busan, though, too.

Chadwick provides furnished housing, and the two main international schools in Busan do too.
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:41 am
Topic: Housing for families in Asia

Re: Housing for families in Asia

For rent prices (and other cost of living information), have a look on Numbeo.com The bigger cities for the countries you mention all have many contributors, so those prices are more or less reliable. If you go with capital cities, these are the numbers you'll find: Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of...
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:49 am
Topic: Inclusivity

Re: Inclusivity

Some of what PsyGuy says might be true for some school and it might even be true for all schools, but it's definitely not true for all schools. My current school hires regardless of skin color, religion of sexual orientation, and that results in a more diverse faculty. The parents that might have a ...
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:40 am
Topic: Summer Plans

Re: Summer Plans

Travelling my host country, and learning sign language as my newborn nephew is deaf.
Also reading a few books, and restoring a very old and very run-down Triumph motor bike I just purchased dirt cheap to its former glory.
It's going to be a busy Summer.
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:05 am

Re: Reply

PsyGuy wrote: > FB is not a source to consult with in regard to medical matters that could > be life and death. That's why I wrote it's best to ask a medical doctor. And FB is not less reliable than this forum - they're all just personal experiences from individuals without a medical background (exc...
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:40 am

Re: Discussion

It seems we actually agree. As I said: It's good to ask around here. It's better to ask people at your IS and other locals on the ground (the FB group is a way to get in touch with expats familiar with the local situation). It's best to ask a medical doctor (I'd personally go with a doctor in the OP...
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:33 pm

Re: Malaria

I used Malarone for holidays, but as said it's expensive and therefore not a good long-term solution. But as you probably know: it's good to inquire here, but don't make your decision based solely on the advice of these (or any) ISR forum members. It would be better to get your information from your...
Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:24 pm
Topic: PGCEi or TeachNow - I'm Latin American following my French husband.

Re: Inquiry

PsyGuy wrote:
> So what are you asking?

It's in the title of her topic: PGCEi or Teach Now?
Although she sort of dismisses Teach Now already it seems.
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:36 am
Topic: How long do you stay at your 'dream school'?

Re: Comment

Illiane_Blues wrote: > Just interested in personal experiences. > Of course I know there's no absolute number that is true for every teacher. I can't say how long I'll be at my current (dream) school as I don't feel the itch to leave yet, and it might be a long time before I do. But the school is on...
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:51 pm
Topic: How long do you stay at your 'dream school'?

Re: How long do you stay at your 'dream school'?

Ever since I've been doing research on international schools I've had an unchanged shortlist of 5 dream schools. Not very original choices, all schools that are on a lot of ITs lists. After having been employed at various schools at various tiers in various regions I'm currently teaching at one of t...
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:11 am
Topic: My post is gone?

Re: My post is gone?

michfro wrote:
> Yeah, sorry I fed the troll but one posters behaviour had to be called out.

Same here, I think I was the one foolish enough to start feeding him. I have poor impuls control, sorry.
His membership has also been revoked it seems, since since he's missing from the members list.
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:21 pm
Topic: My post is gone?

Re: My post is gone?

I noticed at least one more topic has been deleted.
Maybe @admin disapproved of some of the things said in these two topics?
Tue May 19, 2020 6:28 am
Topic: Switzerland.

You already said that.
We disagree.
Tue May 19, 2020 5:28 am
Topic: Switzerland.

Re: Reply

I explained why I used the SA data for salaries.
We disagree.
Whoever reads this may decide what numbers are relevant to them, although I'd rely more on first-hand experiences rather than your or my info.
Tue May 19, 2020 12:27 am
Topic: ISS Schrole question (positions sought)

Re: ISS Schrole question (positions sought)

Yes, what @PsyGuy says. I will probably only increase your chances is you select all curriculums you have taught. There are many schools that offer both (for example) American curriculum and the IB curriculum, so for those schools it would make you a more attractive candidate if they can see that yo...