Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:34 am

Re: Not finishing the year

I don't know. I will broach it later with them when things have calmed down a little. In any case, it's a risk I was willing to take. I already had my references up on Search, and have alerted my associate to what happened. I'll definitely have to figure out how to tackle this in an interview if it ...
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:34 am

Re: Not finishing the year

Thanks everyone, for weighing in. In the meantime I've heard back from the school. Head was friendly and brief, but the contract seems effectively closed. Telecommuting was not possible with the time difference. I suppose there's a possibility of going back if they end up having a last minute openin...
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:17 am

Not finishing the year

Hoping for some advice on a nuanced situation - I am finishing a 2 year contract with a school in a major urban center in Southeast Asia. I discussed signing on for an additional year with the director, but no contract has been sent and nothing signed. I have been on maternity leave for the last 4 m...
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:31 pm
Topic: Halloween as an Indicator

Re: Halloween as an Indicator

I imagine the results would have to be biased against US curriculum schools then, since those are the ones more likely to celebrate? Wonder how to calibrate this into the data.. a school I just looked at, widely regarded as one of the top, if not the top, IS in Asia, has trick-or treating on their y...
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:11 am
Topic: Halloween as an Indicator

Re: Halloween as an Indicator

This is hilarious, glad someone resurrected it so I could enjoy. Feel like my world has definitely shifted a few degrees..
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:30 pm
Topic: Teach Now not accepted in Thailand?

Re: Teach Now not accepted in Thailand?

Yes, thank you - of course this is true. I can't make any sense of their answer, unless the problem is that he won't have an education degree from any institution. But how can this possibly be a problem in Thailand of all places, with a million schools and where you just need a BA to work in a gover...
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:47 am
Topic: Teach Now not accepted in Thailand?

Teach Now not accepted in Thailand?

Plan has been for husband, French citizen, two masters (neither in education) to become certified via Teach Now. An international school just told us today that Thailand does not recognize Teach Now because it is not issued by a university. Has anyone heard of this and can help?
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:24 pm
Topic: practicalities of Search from recruiters POV

Re: practicalities of Search from recruiters POV

Just wanted to clarify in case anyone returns to this post - meant to write in my initial post that I was curious about the roles of bios and cover letters - not CVs.
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:16 am
Topic: Paris

Re: Paris

@shawanda

Having worked and lived in Europe for years, and being in an international marriage myself, I am guessing that many of those are tied to France for family/spousal reasons.
Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:43 pm
Topic: practicalities of Search from recruiters POV

practicalities of Search from recruiters POV

I know there was a thread/debate somewhere about the validity of CVs in the hiring process, that I've tried but am unable to find. That said, I'm hoping someone on the hiring side can help me understand the process of Search applications. Since the CV is a download document, I would have presumed th...
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:32 pm
Topic: changing schools, same city

changing schools, same city

I'm happy enough at my current job, given that no place is perfect. The salary is top tier, however the benefits are not. There is a school in my city that is at the absolute top internationally, that I feel I am qualified to be seriously considered for. My contract at my current school is up in Jun...
Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:26 am
Topic: possible futures for an unusual teaching couple

Re: possible futures for an unusual teaching couple

What about this idea for this year:

classroom teaching of some kind, however he can swing it + MA provisional credential + an IB training course? And obviously constantly trying to level up from there. The good thing about BKK is there are so many IB schools here.
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:11 pm
Topic: possible futures for an unusual teaching couple

Re: possible futures for an unusual teaching couple

Thanks for weighing in, SJ. Absolutely, the plan would be to market ourselves as a teaching couple. My profile is strong, even though my field is pretty saturated, and I generated a lot of interest last search, even though my search was quite small and I had two dependents. So we'll see. We're just ...