Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Re: Choosing offers

Thank you @eion_padraig That's very helpful. Now that we have completed the process of the first three offers, I have a much clearer idea of what I'm willing to compromise and what I'm not - and therefore will be more selective when applying. The process of finding ISs is exciting but oh so stressful!
Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:06 pm
Topic: Fast track to American teacher license?

Re: Fast track to American teacher license?

Depending on how fast you want to go, I think you could get a teaching license from Teacher Ready in 7-9 months. I've just completed the program with them and am happy with the responsiveness of the team, the basic content and the cost. It's not comparable to the quality of an established masters pr...
Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Re: Choosing offers

Thanks for your feedback
@PsyGuy - I assumed it was bad professional practice to accept an offer and then turn it down later if you get something better... - am I wrong - is this a common practice in the IS community?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Choosing offers

Hi all, I have been applying for jobs for 5 weeks and have received 3 offers at what seem like very good schools. I have turned them down for their locations (I have a trailing partner who will need to be in a location that he can work and whose opinion counts). Since we still have a month or two le...
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:24 pm
Forum: Forum 2. Ask Recruiting Questions, Share Information. What's on Your Mind?
Topic: Reviews of Internationella Engelska Skolan?

Reviews of Internationella Engelska Skolan?

Hi all, I don't see any reviews for Internationella Engelska Skolan - bilingual schools all over Sweden. Based on their website, they appear to be a good place to work with invested students, motivated teachers and lots of teacher support. There are no reviews for them on this site so wanted to see ...
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:26 pm
Topic: How long does the application process take

How long does the application process take

Hi folks, I'm a career changer new to teaching art to children (though I taught college level part time and have industry-related experience). I registered for Search and ISS last week and have started applying to schools. I plan to attend the ISS fair and have requested an invite to the Search fair...
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:42 pm
Topic: Tiering of schools

Tiering of schools

There's a lot of references to "low-tier" and "high-tier" schools - How does someone new to the IS job search distinguish those two beyond just looking into the reviews on this website?
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:28 am

Re: Art teacher/ career changer starting the IS job search

Just registered for Search and starting the application processes. It's amazing how involved and different each school application is. I thought that since the process of registering with Search was so involved, it would be fairly simple to start applying.
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:28 pm
Topic: Reaching out to schools on Search and ISS

Reaching out to schools on Search and ISS

Hi all, I finally got registered on Search and am starting to apply for Art teacher jobs. I noticed that the way to contact the school is through email directly on Search. I was wondering does anyone have advice on the best type of message to contact these schools on Search? Is it best to keep it st...
Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:14 pm

Re: Art teacher/ career changer starting the IS job search

@ad82 Super helpful and encouraging. I'm really concerned about being able to land a decent IS job. If all else fails, I'll know by feb/March if I have a job, and can start looking domestically if nothing comes through internationally. Have you had any luck reaching out to schools proactively (not w...
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:31 am

Re: Art teacher/ career changer starting the IS job search

Thanks @PsyGuy - Since I'm new to the IS world- what does CONUS and LCSA stand for? What does an intern class mean? When I was registering for Search, I saw "Intern" and thought it was someone who wasn't certified to teach. To the general form - How has your experience been with AASSA? I'm...
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:35 pm
Topic: Art teacher/ career changer starting the IS job search

Art teacher/ career changer starting the IS job search

Hi, After nearly a decade in the corporate world working as an illustrator, graphic designer and photo editor, I decided to make a career change, get certified as a teacher and become an art teacher. I'm currently finishing up the last leg of my student teaching and will be certified in the US the e...