Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:34 pm
Topic: Schools that take teachers with no teaching cert

Re: Schools that take teachers with no teaching cert

I also so top tier schools with poor management or micro-management and the poorest PD options. In the end, there are no rules. Let's say it is generally true. Keep your eyes opened.
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:41 am
Topic: The path to get QTS after iPGCE

Re: The path to get QTS after iPGCE

Thanks!

However, what I anticipate is that this lgce would be considered as ITT ; if so, one could take the Praxis and get a licence, maybe?
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:27 pm
Topic: The path to get QTS after iPGCE

Re: The path to get QTS after iPGCE

Hi guys, I am fairly curious about this 100% distance and cheap (2x00 GBP?!) PGCE: - I don't see anywhere it is 100 remotely - How about using it to get a license in Arizona then move it back to UK ? ;) - How is it possible that it is truly called PGCE and not offer the possibility of earning the QTS?
Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:35 am
Topic: Teach Now or iTeach? Which will allows to get a QTS?

Teach Now or iTeach? Which will allows to get a QTS?

Hello all, 1 - Teach Now or iTeach? I recently read about it. 2 - Any feedback about the training and its lenght? 3 - Among the options, which State certification is the most prestigious (especially abroad), and the one closest to lead to a permanent license without any PD to do anymore? (CA Clear f...
Fri May 29, 2020 11:31 am
Topic: Teach Now Program - is it possible to have the teaching placement in the UK?

Re: Teach Now Program - is it possible to have the teaching placement in the UK?

Hi, Teach Now will do their best to find him a school nearby, in the UK. (source: TN) An internship in the US, found by TN, will not be paid. I assume it will be a similar treatment in the UK, unless there is a law imposing schools to pay their trainees. I don't have the answer to your other questio...
Thu May 28, 2020 6:36 am
Topic: obtaining QTS/US teaching license questions

Re: obtaining QTS/US teaching license questions

Hello, No problem for jumping on "my" thread (as long as I get answers to my questions! ;) Meanwhile, I wanted to add new and fresh information regarding the transition from Teach-Now to QTS as I obtained this answer directly from the Executive Officer, Professional Recognition Team of Teaching Regu...
Mon May 25, 2020 2:37 pm

Re: University of the People - Master in Education Leadership

Following my question in another topic, I prefer to ask here for clarity (there is my degrees' description above), do you think I qualify for the MA licensure in order to move it to HI? I am mostly concerned about the bachelor degree/ITT as the MA website just says "Submission of an official transcr...
Mon May 25, 2020 2:31 pm
Topic: obtaining QTS/US teaching license questions

Re: obtaining QTS/US teaching license questions

Interesting post... As for Teach Now, I hear well that the DC will be more and more under the spotlights of the British MoE. Why not getting directly an HI license? Would it work this way? So, to get a MA license, the MTEL tests are necessary. Would you consider them as difficult as the PRAXIS? I wo...
Mon May 25, 2020 2:25 pm
Topic: Questions about Teach Now (PsyGuy please help me)

Re: Questions about Teach Now (PsyGuy please help me)

Thanks

Late reply but I wonder what you mean about the PRAXIS results and how the results can affect my entry in Teach Now. Do they have to know that I took/tried them??
I assume that PRAXIS tests can be taken as often as one needs?
Mon May 25, 2020 2:07 pm

Re: University of the People - Master in Education Leadership

Hello Thank you for your kind help and articulated answer. ( I would also thank you in the other topics we participated in but I'll do once for all here!) I doubled checked the ECTS conversion. I was right for the ratio CH/ECTS but completely wrong about the equivalence between real hours and ECTS a...
Thu May 21, 2020 9:08 am
Topic: Translation into English (NACES) : how to get a translation that we can reuse in different countries (US /UK /CAN...)?

Hello all, Being interested in doing Teach-Now, I need to send my degrees, transcripts and other diplomas to a NACES certified agency. The cost raises quickly and translation is the main reason. Unfortunately, I will need those papers in different English speaking countries for the same purpose and ...
Wed May 20, 2020 10:15 am

Re: University of the People - Master in Education Leadership

@PsyGuy Allow me to answer directly in your message below: I read that you had a masters but also the description of your bachelors/first degree. The NACES evaluation is going to read that you have a three year degree which isnt equivalent to a four year bachelors/first degree. >>> I am of course no...