Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:03 pm
Forum: Forum 2. Ask Recruiting Questions, Share Information. What's on Your Mind?

Re: Response

Thanks PsyGuy! I have an offer on the table w/ housing, but I was curious about the ISS schools as they are opening up a new school in Lisbon. They will be at a job fair but I didn't know if it would be worthwhile to put an offer on hold to interview with them. It also would come down to what pay an...
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:14 am

Re: Need Assistance w/ Job Search and the Entire Process

I have a few questions, but do not want to start a new thread. If anyone may help me answer some or all my questions, I'd greatly appreciate it. 1. What would be considered a good salary/package for WE/Portugal? 2. Is it okay to interview with another school if I have an offer on the table? 3. What ...
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:52 am
Topic: Housing Allowance

Housing Allowance

I tried searching my question beforehand, but I was unable to find an answer. I was wondering about housing allowances as I have interviews coming up, but I am still unfamiliar with ISs and their contracts. The schools I looked into have a 2 year housing allowance with contract, however the pay isn'...
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:14 pm
Topic: Skype Interview Advice

Re: Skype Interview Advice

Thank you so much for the advice. Anything I should know about Zoom or is it similar to Skype?
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:38 pm
Topic: Skype Interview Advice

Skype Interview Advice

I need some advice on what to wear for a Skype interview. Should I go formal suit and tie or would a shirt and tie suffice? What would an interviewer want to know or see from me on the interview. Any advice would be appreciated.
Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:18 pm
Topic: Reapplying at a school I previously turned down

Re: Reapplying at a school I previously turned down

I pretty much agree with most of what's been said. However, I'm not 100 percent sold on mentioning it in the cover letter. Let's be honest here, you are not the first person to turn down a position at an international school. Admins know that it is part of the hiring process that some of those offer...
Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:37 pm
Topic: Length of Response for Questions on Application

Re: Length of Response for Questions on Application

Thank you. They actually provided a box for the responses but the most in depth question had the same amount of characters as the other two and I had to edit my response a few times to fully express what I wanted and include all my points. I appreciate your response, I was overthinking it.
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:08 pm
Topic: Length of Response for Questions on Application

Length of Response for Questions on Application

I apologize if this has been answered already, but when I try and use the search feature with the keywords it shows me all kinds of unrelated topics. I am working on an application for an international school that alongside regular requirements, also has me respond to a few questions (i.e. how do yo...
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:58 pm

Re: Need Assistance w/ Job Search and the Entire Process

sid wrote: > Regarding the IB system, indeed. > The IB includes 4 programs, starting with PYP that works with students as > young as 3 years old. Progressing to the MYP, and capping off with the CP > and DP in the last 2 years before uni. > If you're attempting to be a candidate for any IB school, p...
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:57 pm

Re: Need Assistance w/ Job Search and the Entire Process

mamava wrote: > Regarding the IB system, one way is to start out in MS rather than HS. > Some large schools have non-IB teachers for grades 9-10 but most of them do > require teachers to teach IB as well. If you have strong credentials and > are a good hire, some schools will hire and train you. > >...
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Re: Need Assistance w/ Job Search and the Entire Process

shadowjack wrote: > Portugal is one of the Southern European countries with low pay for most > schools compared to what you are used to. > > If you are looking for Lisbon, Carlucci, which is in Sintra, just outside, > is a good bet for US system. > > Good luck! Thank you so much for your response. T...
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:54 pm

Need Assistance w/ Job Search and the Entire Process

Hello Everyone, I am new to international teaching, I had a very brief experience a few years ago where I applied directly to a school, interviewed with the principal (some hiccups with skype call), he followed up with my principal at the time, checked references - but the director had someone else ...
Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:44 pm
Topic: How long can I wait to reply to an offer?
Views: 11928

Re: How long can I wait to reply to an offer?

squaretortoise wrote: > Thank you for the advice! Really helpful! > > I ended up directly asking if I could have until Tuesday this week to just > clarify some logistical things, as well as to talk with current teachers, > and they agreed kindly. Obviously this is my one and only experience and > ex...
Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:01 am
Topic: Does the school let you know?

Re: Does the school let you know?

One of my references informed me that she hasn't heard back from the interviewer. However, the job is no longer posted on the site. Should I follow up with the interviewer?
Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:00 am
Topic: Does the school let you know?

Re: Does the school let you know?

Thanks PsyGuy.

I was just wondering how quickly they would let me know, if at all, depending on their selection. Would it be inappropriate to follow up with them and ask?