Sun May 07, 2017 6:00 am

Re: Experienced EFL Teacher looking for a quick US Cert

I did the Reading endorsement as ESL wasn't offered. Keep us posted on the MS and future QTS attempts.

Send me the the job link if you decide to turn it down :)
Fri May 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: Experienced EFL Teacher looking for a quick US Cert

Turns out the lvl 1 Utah license does not qualify for QTS. I've just applied and was denied. They stated a lvl 2 license is required.
Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:28 pm
Topic: From ESL to English/Social studies teacher path?

Re: From ESL to English/Social studies teacher path?

Sorry, I'm not able to edit my post for some reason.

Yes, I've been teaching ESL in public secondary schools and private colleges.

The Utah cert. currently does not have an ESL endorsement option.

Perhaps I should focus on colleges.
Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:43 am
Topic: From ESL to English/Social studies teacher path?

From ESL to English/Social studies teacher path?

I've been teaching abroad for 8 years at secondary schools and colleges in Hungary, Japan and Saudi Arabia. Now I want to transition into being a secondary school subject teacher and working at an international school in perhaps Singapore or Malaysia. About me: B.A. Urban Studies: Community Developm...
Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Re: Experienced EFL Teacher looking for a quick US Cert

PsyGuy wrote: > @jkubok2 > > > 1) QTS; this is the disadvantage for you waiting, the UT APT level 1 license doesnt > meet the TCL requirements for QTS, there is no preparation, however TCL doesnt really > know that. Its such a new credential, the first couple applicants will probably > slip though t...