Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:17 am
Topic: Online portfolios

Re: Online portfolios

Hi

My advice is to either create an excellent CV/Website yourself, or look at online companies who can help you. I have come across a great one called portfoliowhiz dot com. They specialize in international school teachers and are reputable in the circuit. Hope this helps
Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:54 pm
Topic: Job in Germany

Job in Germany

Hi All

We just secured a double job (for my partner and I) teaching IBDP Visual Arts in the same school in Germany. It was almost an impossible task getting two art jobs in the same school, but we did it through perseverance and hard work!

Good luck to all!
Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:22 am
Forum: Forum 2. Ask Recruiting Questions, Share Information. What's on Your Mind?
Topic: Bonn International School

Bonn International School

Is this school doing well currently? Any insight into this school (location, package, admin) would be useful! Moderator has removed this topic We appreciate your participation in the ISR OPEN FORUM but clearly ask that you not post or request evaluation type information about schools, be it from a p...
Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:27 pm
Topic: Why are there so many elementary school art jobs?

Why are there so many elementary school art jobs?

Hi All I am stunned at the amount of elementary art jobs on Search. I am a secondary art teacher and cannot understand why most jobs are elementary or whole school art. Is there a shortage of these teachers? Are they mostly classroom teachers who like art? It is frustrating for art teachers since th...
Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:01 am
Topic: Questions for Art teachers

Re: Questions for Art teachers

How many years MYP/DP Visual Arts experience do you have? Do you have a Masters? Are you an examiner?
Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:34 am
Topic: How many interviews?

How many interviews?

How many interviews do you typically have to go through in order to land a job (excluding at job fairs)? I know it is not an exact science, but please share your experiences.
Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:06 am
Topic: Job offer made and then...silence!
Views: 32091

Re: Job offer made and then...silence!

I would email now. That is ridiculous they are taking so long. I would look for other jobs in the meantime. If this was through an agency I would tell them too!
Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:59 pm
Topic: Pay: British Schools vs International Schools

Pay: British Schools vs International Schools

Hi All

Do you think so-called tier 1 and 2 British schools pay as well as tier 1 and 2 International Schools? Do the packages tend to be better or worse?
Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:07 am
Topic: Search Associates Recruitment Package Information

Search Associates Recruitment Package Information

Hi All I have noticed over the 12 years I have been using Search to fin jobs, is that the salary and benefits is not accurate. Almost all the schools I look at on the database and then have interviews with, offer less than what is on the Search website. Has anyone else noticed the same? It is a sham...
Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:40 am
Topic: Brighton College Bangkok

Brighton College Bangkok

Hi All Has anyone heard of Brighton College Bangkok? Any info/insight would be great. -------------------------------------------------------- Moderator locked this topic We appreciate your participation in the ISR OPEN FORUM but clearly ask that you not post or request evaluation type information a...
Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:20 am
Topic: Recruitment Season

Recruitment Season

Hi All

When is the prime time for recruitment for SE Asia and Europe? I almost landed a job but it fell through so am feeling anxious about everything as I really hope to get something. I have 13 years MYP/DP experience and am an IB examiner, so I feel I should have a good chance.

Thanks!
Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:28 pm
Topic: Maternity Leave

Re: Maternity Leave

Thanks for the insight Sid. Its not a deal breaker, but wanted to find out more.
Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:14 pm
Topic: Maternity Leave

Maternity Leave

Hi

My partner and I are recruiting for new jobs to start in August 2017. We also want to start a family. What are schools' attitudes to maternity leave towards the end of the first year of contract? Would we be insured etc?