Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:51 pm
Topic: China closed

Re: China closed

Jesus the ridiculous nonsense of a certain KIA here is unnerving. Here are the facts. 1. All IT's in China are Z visa holders. 2. Z visa holders are absolutely, unequivocally, not allowed into China right now. 3. It does not matter if the IT is somehow considered "exceptional". That is absolute and ...
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:11 pm

Re: Reply

PsyGuy wrote: > Chinese law on FM is very easy to interpret in China, its whatever China > wants it to mean. This is a convoluted statement. It can't be both easy to interpret and whatever China wants it to mean. I nevr claimed "claims of thousands of force majeure > certificates being issued, in re...
Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:56 pm
Topic: China closed

Re: Reply

PsyGuy wrote: > Yes thy can, they just have to be exceptional. False > @SJ > > Its a guess because its wrong. China is still issuing special entry permits > to foreigners. False > @Heliotrope > > Youre friends failed because they were not exceptional enough. They could > have absolutely been on that...
Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:11 am
Topic: Racism in China

Re: Racism in China

August will be two years in China. I have already experienced what I would refer to as xenophobia, since the . hit. I understand the fear of the unknown, on the part of average Chinese citizens. They only know what their government tells them and I don't have any reason to believe that the CCP has h...
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:27 pm
Topic: Reopening
Views: 1969

Re: Reopening

Schools in Shanghai are opening in grade-stages. April 27, 2 high school grades return. Other grades will return staggered by grades; upper grades first. We have been told to be prepared to return after May 6 but nothing is confirmed yet. This is direct information from the Shanghai Education Bureau...
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:11 pm

Re: Can I force Majeure?

shadowjack, I agree! It's just unnerving to see certain people here giving legal advice and making claims of thousands of force majeure certificates being issued, in relation to teachers. I understand that you did not make that claim.
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:50 pm

Re: Can I force Majeure?

Guys, there is not a single law expert on these boards. A lot of statements being made here are basically headlines someone glanced at, then spewed it out their behind. RE: China issuing thousands of force majeure certificates: "China has issued a record number of force majeure certificates in an at...
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:05 pm
Topic: Experienced EFL Teacher looking for a quick US Cert

Re: Reply

PsyGuy wrote: > @teachjzy > > ELA is a better choice over reading for ESOL. > In regards to the CA CLEAR credential you must meet the English Learner > requirement and the only way to do it, without taking the CA designated > course/program is to have an endorsement/credential in ESOL. There is no s...
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:01 pm
Topic: Experienced EFL Teacher looking for a quick US Cert

Re: Experienced EFL Teacher looking for a quick US Cert

tangchao wrote: > May I paraphrase? > > I can't be bothered doing the training to become a real teacher but I want > a certificate that says I am. This! As we are interviewing for next school year I am so frustrated by people calling themselves teachers who do everything they can to avoid a degree i...
Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:02 am
Topic: PYP or IPC in terms of cost to school?

Re: Reply

PsyGuy wrote: > IPC is write the check get the box, PYP is > write a check, consultant, write a check, authorization, write a check, > train, write a check, re-authorization, write a check, etc. Do IPC for ten > years and amortize the initial costs and then do the same with PYP and you > will come t...
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:14 pm
Topic: PYP or IPC in terms of cost to school?

Re: PYP or IPC in terms of cost to school?

PsyGuy, What is FWE? What is your personal/professional experience implementing the IPC? With whom did you train? Having been the person who did the ordering for materials for our units, I believe IPC to be initially, quite costly. Once you have collected lots of books, realia, and other materials t...
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:08 pm
Topic: Shanghai IS with Diverse Student Population

Re: Shanghai IS with Diverse Student Population

vincentchase wrote:
> What about SCIS or WISS? What is the student mix like at those schools?

SCIS is at least 30% locals though they carry either a Hong Kong or Taiwanese passport. I didn't find SCIS (any campus), to have the true international mix I hoped for.
Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:32 am
Forum: Forum 2. Ask Recruiting Questions, Share Information. What's on Your Mind?
Topic: female teacher with trailing spouse and 2 kids - possible?

Re: female teacher with trailing spouse and 2 kids - possibl

International School of Koje on Geoje Island in Korea offers jobs to people in your situation. It's a nice island and not as remote as Jeju. Might give it a whirl. :)
Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:11 am
Topic: China Employment Contract - SAFEA

Re: China Employment Contract - SAFEA

I could do that but I would have to sign the contract saying I will return. I'm trying to be an upstanding sort and not sign a contract I don't intend to fufill. :/ Thus, I'll probably just not get that payment.
Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:56 am
Topic: China Employment Contract - SAFEA

Re: China Employment Contract - SAFEA

Thank you for the detailed reply! I found the SAFEA document. I guess that is indeed in place.

I'll defintely stay until the end of the school year. I am due a final paymen in August that I reckon I won't get if I am not actually coming back?