Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:49 pm
Topic: Update From a Recuirter Regarding China

Update From a Recuirter Regarding China

This was posted on social media, Given that China has not been issuing dependent visa's since the pandemic began and currently there is no sight of this changing in the near future our China-based clients are clarifying with us that it makes no sense to interview candidates with families (Children o...
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:30 am
Topic: Malaysia Salaries
Views: 1959

Re: Malaysia Salaries

Don't forget for the first 180+ days you are taxed at the highest rate of over 30%.
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:53 pm
Topic: Myanmar Yangon

Myanmar Yangon

Only first-hand experience please, anyone can comment on this, the safety aspect and what's going on with teachers etc.
Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:29 pm
Topic: Abu Dhabi and Dubai

Abu Dhabi and Dubai

If a family of three are potentially thinking about looking at a post in one of these two countries, what are some of the things a family of three needs to beware of before during and after an interview? Please note only we a not a teaching couple so only one will be teaching.
Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:28 pm
Topic: Master in Education and Leadership Online

Master in Education and Leadership Online

Which countries and universities did people do their online Master in Education and Leadership and can you remember the cost.

Trying to find what the costs are currently the country I'm in will cost me around USD9000.
Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:12 am
Topic: Good the Bad and the Ugly Abu Dhabi/Dubai and Schools

Good the Bad and the Ugly Abu Dhabi/Dubai and Schools

The contents of this post have been removed because it violates the terms of use for the ISR Public Forum.
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:54 am
Topic: China New Tax Law

China New Tax Law

Can someone with hands-on experience be able to explain to people that haven't worked in China before what this new tax law means for Expats and how does this affect salaries and the total package that a school will normally offer you and your family?
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:06 pm

Re: Response

PsyGuy wrote: > Ive heard a number of countries including Thailand but mostly China that > arent able or wont obtain or try to obtain visas for dependents. That's interesting I reached out to HR in Thailand and they confirmed with me yesterday that they are accepting applications from teachers with ...
Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:38 pm
Topic: Countries and Schools not accepting Teachers with Families.

Re: Countries and Schools not accepting Teachers with Families.

Thanks, I'm not with SA but with ISS and Schrole. I can easily get that information though

I just heard Thailand isn't accepting teachers with families this is coming from a recruiter.
Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:29 pm
Topic: Countries and Schools not accepting Teachers with Families.

Countries and Schools not accepting Teachers with Families.

Hi, Hearing mixed things including from recruiters, are there any countries that you are aware of that is not accepting Teachers with a wife and children. Understand China is one country but on job advertisements, some aren't saying this in their job advertisement and a lot arent. Things are a conce...
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:33 am
Topic: Schools that dont post package etc

Schools that dont post package etc

Is it a trend that schools that don't post a salary scale and what your benefits on their site are generally shady? I have had two interviews with the same company and both times I asked about the salary expectation and benefits. Sending documents and updating HR application forms etc, only to be gi...
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:14 am
Topic: It's raining jobs in SE Asia.

Re: It's raining jobs in SE Asia.

Good question, my understanding as I'm wanting to get back into SEA according to most of the comments I've read for Vietnam and Thailand (top tier) schools is mostly due to Covid. I was reading that one teacher made the comment that he is based in Vietnam and only a few days ago was the first time h...
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:24 am
Topic: Vaccination and other issues.

Vaccination and other issues.

Hi, Just like to know has anyone that has recently started to apply for jobs started to see a different approach coming from the school HR. The following HR has asked me the follow just interested in other peoples findings. Not up for a debate. 1) To send your vaccination details 2) To ask to contac...
Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:09 pm
Topic: HR asking for expected salaries.

HR asking for expected salaries.

Something I have found interesting, even before your interview at a school HR asking your expected salary, slight conundrum? is this a potential sign here, should they be open and transparent, are you potentially under valuing yourself or are they also doing the same to potentially cut costs and sav...
Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:15 am
Topic: Schrole recruitment events

Schrole recruitment events

Yes that's right they are starting up soon, whats was people experience with them last time, from what I remember a complete waste of time. Did anyone else share the same view or did anyone have a positive experience? Just with the time zone difference thinking will this be another waste of time.