Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:08 pm

Re: Covid and Breaking New Contract

Dear All, Thanks for your honesty here, the country in reference has experienced a huge increase to around 6000-8000 case numbers per day. The country itself has had close to a year of closures with schools and malls, gyms, restaurants, etc, the concern and I understood this from the start was the m...
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:33 am

Re: Covid and Breaking New Contract

Not through an agent and done privately, also we have been vaccinated. Without giving too much away we are in a pretty safe country that has dealt with Covid in a positive manner.
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:05 am

Covid and Breaking New Contract

Just putting it out there, a potential location I have had a job offer at, Covid situation is getting worse, the company has just informed that all paperwork is now approved and expecting to be there in 90days. My question and be honest please but breaking this contract due to the Covid situation, h...
Tue May 18, 2021 11:08 pm
Topic: International Qualification for Headship (NPQH)

Re: International Qualification for Headship (NPQH)

Thanks for your feedback so far, I have taught both locally and internationally for over 20 years and within that time have taught a variety of curriculums as well. I have also got a Bachelor of Education and have had a number of leadership roles, but to be honest, need to get out of the classroom, ...
Tue May 18, 2021 4:28 am
Topic: International Qualification for Headship (NPQH)

International Qualification for Headship (NPQH)

Just seeking people's opinions on the above course. This course costs around £2395 and would like to know if this would add benefit to future Headship Roles, I will be entering my first Headship Role at a small international school, pretty much at a junior school taking a reduction in salary but hop...
Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:42 am
Topic: Covid Situation in Malaysia

Re: Covid Situation in Malaysia

Thanks, yea I heard that too, I have an offer, currently overseas but have kept my eye on things the Government saying after Hari Raya another two-week closure of schools. Just hope the 4th wave isn't like other countries which are currently on the news as I have a family to consider.
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:46 am
Topic: Covid Situation in Malaysia

Covid Situation in Malaysia

Any up to date information regarding the Covid situation in Malaysia?
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:33 am
Forum: Forum 2. Ask Recruiting Questions, Share Information. What's on Your Mind?
Topic: Reference

Reference

Has anyone encountered someone from HR in regards to a job you have applied for, with two interviews now asking for Three Principals reference from your last three jobs? Finding it difficult to find a principal that I work with back in 2015 who has left the school. Can provide my current and the one...
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:09 pm
Topic: Step Down to Get on the Ladder

Step Down to Get on the Ladder

2 STEPS BACKWARDS TO GO 4 STEPS FORWARD. 20 years experience, 16 years international and around 10 years of some form of leadership roles. Taught a variety of curricula from Cambridge, National, Foundation Stage, IPC, IEYC and a little of PYP. This year like many has been tough, do you believe in th...
Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:32 am
Topic: External CV Company
Views: 2094

External CV Company

Has anyone used an external CV company and had positive results, there was an interesting post on FB and teachers were recommending a few different companies, some in the past where teaching but have since made a career change. They all seem to be doing the same things, for example, Teacher Resume, ...
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:48 am
Topic: What is your favourite 'thing' to teach and why?

What is your favourite 'thing' to teach and why?

Strange question, love to find out what teachers are thinking.

Looking from a Lower Years perspective
Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:36 am
Topic: Schools that pay in local and foreign currency

Schools that pay in local and foreign currency

Just asking, for those people that get paid in both the local currency and a foreign currency. Schools are giving you the option if you would like your foreign currency paid in (Yen, USD, Pounds) etc and not of your home country (passport). Even some are paying this in Cash each month. When teachers...
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:11 pm
Topic: Thank you email

After an interview how many people write a quick note expressing thanks etc, if you do what do you write without sounding to overbearing. The interview process is still ongoing and probably the school will be still interviewing until late December.
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:19 am
Topic: VPN For China
Views: 2014

VPN For China

What is the best VPN out on the market now for China? So many to choose from what are people using and have you had any issues with them.
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:37 am
Topic: Pollution Levels in SEA

Pollution Levels in SEA

Pretty subjective but we did live in Malaysia (KL). What would be the order for the following countries in regards to pollution levels over the course of a year? Let's just stick to capitals OK.

1) Malaysia