Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:24 am
Topic: Any thoughts on the Search Fair coming up?

Re: Any thoughts on the Search Fair coming up?

I am afraid you're right. Just got a rejection notice from one of my middle picks so most probably I wont even bother sending out an interview request. I don't need to be rejected by every school twice.
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:21 am
Topic: Any thoughts on the Search Fair coming up?

Any thoughts on the Search Fair coming up?

Slim pickings? Maybe recruiters have the same opinion? Just seems contrived to me. I have already applied to the attending schools that interest me so not expecting much but who knows.
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:57 pm
Topic: GRC

Re: GRC

As a teacher, if I were to sign up with them, would that cut my relationship with Search?

I have built up some confidential references so I am hesitant to abandon them.
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:30 am
Topic: GRC

Re: GRC

Their school list appears quite extensive. If a school is on there does it mean they are no longer on Search?
Wed May 06, 2020 5:20 am
Topic: Golf in the Middle East

Golf in the Middle East

Are there any countries in the ME where an IT could enjoy affordable golf? Trying to broaden my options and have always disavowed going there but perhaps this is a positive aspect of the ME? Just wondering.
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:57 pm
Topic: Can someone explain the Spanish tax scheme to me please.

Re: Can someone explain the Spanish tax scheme to me please.

Thanks for the response. Its the declaration of foreign assets that gets me. My savings are relatively small but I do have some dividends and for the Spanish government to tax them irks me. Anyways thanks for the detail. At least I can get a general idea of my pay now.
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:08 pm
Forum: Forum 2. Ask Recruiting Questions, Share Information. What's on Your Mind?
Topic: Insurance Question

Re: Insurance Question

I have used IMG. You can tailor the policy to your needs and budget.
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:38 pm
Topic: Can someone explain the Spanish tax scheme to me please.

Can someone explain the Spanish tax scheme to me please.

Say I make 30k. How much would take home be? I have found conflicting info online regarding income tax and social security. And I have to declare foreign assets, that worries me.
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Best Recruitment Sites

I never expected to sit back and get contacted without reaching out to schools first. LIke psy said it was the best for me at the time, even if not appropriate.
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:36 pm
Topic: IB certificate or workshop?

Re: IB certificate or workshop?

I'm not a recruiter but I would think having strong academic background in your field would be crucial. I have have taken 3 cat1s in the last year and must say they are pretty useless except for the acknowledgement of completion. I would venture I could be successful on an online one not in my field...
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:14 pm

Re: Best Recruitment Sites

I was just frustrated with them, because in hindsight there was little chance I was going to get hired by a decent school. So that's a plus if ISS doesn't just take anyone. The bottom rung schools were the same ones on TIE and I was surprised SEARCH represents some really crappy schools. Then again ...
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:57 am

Re: Best Recruitment Sites

I can see how ISS may be better than Search. I base this on my experience with Search. First off, I sought out advice considering my situation and if it was worthwhile to join search. I was assured it was, yet it became clear the only bites I was getting were from terrible schools which should not b...
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:07 pm
Topic: Teaching in New Zealand

Teaching in New Zealand

I was just wondering if anyone has taught there and what it is like. There seems to be a lot of jobs in New Zealand and I was wondering why. There doesn't seem to be any reviews of schools tho, perhaps not many international schools?
Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:06 pm
Topic: ISS or Search

Re: ISS or Search

For me personally Search was useless. Perhaps it was my personal situation at play somewhat. For me the schools on Tie were essentially the same as on search. My search advisor was useless and clearly just out to feather his nest. In the end I found an awesome job posted on a free board.
Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:14 pm
Topic: Health Insurance Providers

Re: Health Insurance Providers

That's a good of looking at it. If you are somewhere with lower costs it would make sense.