Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:44 am
Topic: Admin License Based on EdD

Admin License Based on EdD

I recently got an EdD but the program is not a licensure based program. I have a current teaching license. Do you know if any states that make it easy to upgrade or get the initial principal or admin license based on a degree? Or, any states that make this easier?
Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:49 am
Topic: Colegio Euroamericano

Colegio Euroamericano

They are in Monterrey, Mexico. They have one review but pretty old. Does anyone have recent information on them? *********************************************************** Moderator has locked this topic We appreciate your participation in the ISR OPEN FORUM but clearly ask that you not post or req...
Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:09 pm

Re: Bangkok Fair

Thanks. So sorry for the duplicate posts. My posts were moderated and I didn't realize that in the beginning.

I was at ISS fair.
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:31 am

Re: Bangkok Fair

This is the last day of the Bangkok job fair. A few observations. The fair was at the Shangri-La Hotel which is beautiful but a bit expensive. I chose to stay at The Ascott which is a very nice executive apartment less than 5 minutes to hotel. I had a beautiful fully furnished 1 bedroom for less tha...
Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:14 pm
Topic: Bangkok ISS Job Fair - Report Jan 2016

Bangkok ISS Job Fair - Report Jan 2016

Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:41 pm

Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:41 pm

Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:46 am
Topic: Panamerican School Porto Alegre

Panamerican School Porto Alegre

This school has advertised on TIE. I love the city and have spent an ample amount of time there. What is the best way to get an interview at the school? I have sent emails but no response. I have a Masters plus 50 and 10 years of teaching experience. Any suggestions on ways to get an interview?
Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:42 am
Topic: Eagle Ridge International School in China

Eagle Ridge International School in China

I got an email from them as they are hiring for the fall. I can't find anything online about them. Anyone know them?

Address: No.9 Guoqiang Road, Zhenxing District, New Dandong, China
Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:46 am
Topic: Myanmar International School

Re: Myanmar International School

What is the school across town you refer to?

The school is now actively recruiting and the pay seems on par with other schools in the area. I do not see a few on this site for it. Does anyone have more first hand info?
Mon May 12, 2014 9:08 am
Topic: Employment Visa to Saudi Arabia

Employment Visa to Saudi Arabia

I got a job offer from a school I am very excited about in Saudi Arabia. However, I am not getting anywhere on the Employment Visa process. I have all my documents: transcripts, police clearance, diplomas, etc. I also called the suggested visa service in DC to send the documents. I am getting mixed ...
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:00 am
Topic: TESOL Portland a Total Bust

TESOL Portland a Total Bust

Well, at least for job recruitment. I have a BA, a Masters and just finished the CELTA in NYC. I was told there would be tons of opportunities here. That is not correct. The registration fee was nearly 500 USD. If you are an experienced educator, it might be great to go to the workshops, classes, et...
Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:46 am
Topic: Passport Requests and Serious Teachers

Passport Requests and Serious Teachers

I signed up for Seriousteachers.com and have gotten several responses. That is great news. But, each one of them asks for a passport upfront. Is this a standard request? Would this not be something they used down the road after getting hired? Also, I see that several of the agencies that contacted m...
Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:01 am
Topic: Visible Tattoo

Re: Visible Tattoo

It would be impossible to cover with a scarf or shirt. It is small but in the middle of my neck close to my ear. :) I stopped teaching about 15 years back and retired and started traveling. I got it on a late night in one country I was visiting and I like it but I didn't think I would ever work agai...