Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:32 am
Topic: Saudi Arabia

Re: Saudi Arabia

In Saudi right now but in the Eastern Province (Dhahran) Saudi is never going to be a destination spot, but we don't mind really. THe best part is that as a teaching couple we will be saving $60-70K without breaking a sweat. Compound living is great for families with young kids, and for us Bahrain i...
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:11 am
Topic: Family friendly locations

Re: Family friendly locations

Nomad68 wrote: > Many schools prefer not to hire ITs with kids. Saudi Arabia has recently > introduced a 'tax' on expat workers' dependents. If you have a trailing > spouse and 2 or more kids where can you reasonsbly hope to get hired in the > current employment climate? QSI seem family friendly but...
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:46 am
Topic: GRC Fair 2017, Dubai

Re: GRC Fair 2017, Dubai

Smurf wrote: > fine dude wrote: > > The recruitment cycle can be summarized as below: > > 1. Elite/tier 1 schools either wait until the BKK / London fair to do their > > hiring. > > 2. Experienced single / teacher couples already have jobs by Nov or > > mid-Dec, thanks to Skype. > > 3. Exceptional m...
Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:31 am
Topic: GRC Fair 2017, Dubai

GRC Fair 2017, Dubai

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had a fair report from GRC in Dubai earlier this month.

I heard that last year not a lot of jobs were going around (maybe it was still too early for schools?)

Were schools actually hiring this year rather than putting up tentative positions?

Speed
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:16 am
Topic: Recruiting Fairs - teaching couple - what to do with kids?

Re: Recruiting Fairs - teaching couple - what to do with kid

reisgio wrote: > What an appalling thread. How can any of you be educators and have such > insipid questions and answers!? If you don't know what to do with your > children, maybe you shouldn't have them. Actually, I’m the type of person that doesn’t like to impose on others so am hesitant to leave ...
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:20 am
Topic: Recruiting Fairs - teaching couple - what to do with kids?

Recruiting Fairs - teaching couple - what to do with kids?

Hello all, This doesn't apply to me this year but thinking down the road for next year or beyond. What do teaching couples do with their kids when they want to go to a fair? (Let's say the kids are young 5ish) If the couple is already overseas then having them stay with family would not apply. Does ...
Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:57 am
Topic: moscow russia?

Re: moscow russia?

Personally, I'm married so am looking at Moscow as a place to raise a family. I'm worried about what I hear about the winter and quality of life. Wanted some input from those that lived/live there. The school I'm looking at appears to be 'tier 1' (as subjective as those ratings are) but I want to ma...
Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:00 pm
Topic: moscow russia?

Re: moscow russia?

Wanted to resurrect this post to get thoughts.

I think that I might get depressed with perpetual darkness in the winter months.

However, I expect that that cost of living is down (especially if you are paid in dollars) since the ruble devaluation?

Any thoughts about living in Moscow.
Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:56 am
Topic: US TAXES

Re: US TAXES

You will need Form 2555 (Foreign Earned Income Exclusion) https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Foreign-Earned-Income-Exclusion You get to exclude the first $100,800 of your foreign income. Anything on top of that is taxed. Things become trickier if you own/rent property (I think) ...
Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:50 am
Topic: Our "Ichiro" was a hit at the AASSA fair!
Views: 20574

Re: Our "Ichiro" was a hit at the AASSA fair!

Do you have an overall review of the fair?

candidate/school ratio

were schools hiring?
Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:29 pm
Topic: Uruguay

Re: Uruguay

I will be interested in hearing about life in Montevideo as well
Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:02 am
Topic: Linkedin

Linkedin

I was wondering if anyone uses linkedin to help in the job search (connecting with others, etc.)

If so, how?
Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:43 am
Topic: Qingdao
Views: 1908

Qingdao

Can anyone tell me about this city?

Pollution, quality of the IB school there, etc?

Thanks in advanced