Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:02 am
Topic: Trailing Spouse - best options?

Re: Trailing Spouse - best options?

Here is an ISR article which appeared on our Discussion Boards that you'll find helpful.

https://internationalschoolsreviewdiscu ... solutions/
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:37 am
Topic: Rio and EARJ

Re: Rio and EARJ

Discussing the savings potential at a specific school is actually Okay on the Open Forum, so long as the discussion does not turn into a evaluation of the school or any its administration. Thank you Heliotrope, we appreciate forum members helping us to monitor forum activity.

Ben @ ISR
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:54 pm
Topic: Should I take this salary package?

Re: Should I take this salary package?

A 2LDK would mean that there are 2 bedrooms plus the Living, Dining, Kitchen part, a 3LDK would indicate 3 bedrooms and so on.
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:08 am
Topic: Visible tattoos
Views: 2007

Re: Visible tattoos

On the ISR Discussion Boards there are two articles with many responses from teachers. Here is a link.

https://internationalschoolsreviewdiscu ... ?s=tattoos
Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:18 am
Topic: FaceTime/Skype in UAE

Re: FaceTime/Skype in UAE

Here is a link to an article on our Discussion Boards that is about using Skype to interview for International teaching positions. This may be of some help to you. Skype Your Way to an International Teaching Position https://internationalschoolsreviewdiscuss.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/skype-your-way-t...
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:58 am
Topic: Career change from corporate job - experiences?

Re: Career change from corporate job - experiences?

Here's a link to an ISR article/discussion with over 100 reader comments on this very topic. You'll find hundreds of articles/discussions related to International Teaching on the ISR Discussion Boards. https://internationalschoolsreviewdiscuss.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/working-in-international-school...
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:31 am
Topic: Maarif Foundation schools

Re: Maarif Foundation schools

Moderator has locked this topic We appreciate your participation in the ISR OPEN FORUM but clearly ask that you not post or request evaluation type information about schools, be it from a positive or negative perspective. You can see the details of our guidelines at the following URL viewtopic.php?f...
Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 am
Topic: Abu Dhabi British School

Re: Abu Dhabi British School

Please adhere to the terms of use for this forum and do not pose questions that solilcit review-type responses. If you wish to ask such questions about schools you are welcome to do so on the Member Forum.
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:09 am
Topic: Questions for recruiters

Re: Questions for recruiters

Here is an interesting ISR article on this topic. What Directors Look for in International Teaching Candidates ISR asked School Directors to tell us what makes a successful International Teaching Candidate. Whether you’re hitting the recruiting trail for the first time, or a seasoned recruiting-fair...
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:04 am
Topic: Anyone have experience with being Jewish in the ME?

Re: Anyone have experience with being Jewish in the ME?

For more on this topic, please see the conversation taking place on our blog venue. It is based on this this forum thread.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 pm
Topic: Survey: Help ISR decide on future changes to this Forum

Survey: Help ISR decide on future changes to this Forum

Although it may seem trivial at first glance, there’s been much debate at ISR on the topic of whether or not we should convert the Open Forum and School Reviews sections of ISR to a cell phone friendly format. (Note: All other sections of the ISR web site have already been converted.) Take our short...