Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:07 am
Topic: contacting schools through SA and through their school email

Re: contacting schools through SA and through their school e

For me, the golden rule is do whatever the school asks. I’d look at their Search page and also at their website to see how they prefer applications. If there are no specific instructions, I’d send a letter of application (with my resume) that clearly states you’re registered with Search.
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:15 am
Topic: GRC Fair 2017, Dubai

Re: GRC Fair 2017, Dubai

fine dude wrote: > The recruitment cycle can be summarized as below: > 1. Elite/tier 1 schools either wait until the BKK / London fair to do their > hiring. > 2. Experienced single / teacher couples already have jobs by Nov or > mid-Dec, thanks to Skype. > 3. Exceptional math/sci teachers with trail...
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:16 am
Topic: How to impress on a school tour

How to impress on a school tour

Hi all, I'm hoping for some help from the collective wisdom of the board. I'm visiting a school in Singapore this week during vacation that I want to interview for shortly after when jobs are listed.

What would you do to create a positive impression with a recruiter on a school tour?
Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:40 pm
Topic: Aquatics Directors

Aquatics Directors

Hey, I am considering switching career paths to become an Aquatics director and hoped to seek out collective wisdom. Without wanting to 'out' myself publicly, I believe I have the necessary background and qualifications so that is not what I need to know. My question is how common are the positions ...
Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:09 am

Re: QTS Certification

wrldtrvlr123 wrote: > PsyGuy wrote: > > @Rhysboy > > > > Yes I have, and also in a UK university. Have you compared the instructional > content > > across PGCE programs? > > > > There was nothing about your chemistry/science PGCE that had anything to do with > > general chemistry, organic chemistry,...
Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:02 am

Re: Reply

PsyGuy wrote: > @Smurf > > QTS is not a license it is a credential, it validates that the holder > completed the prescribed course of study and/or a successful induction > period. > While QTS can be revoked (this is extremely rare, the standard for > revocation requires that QTS was issued in error ...
Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Re: QTS Certification

Helen Back wrote: > I have a one year B.Ed. and a teaching certificate from a country other > than the UK. I applied and received QTS in the UK simply by sending off a > couple of transcript, This is what the return confirmation letter said; > > "QTS is non-subject specific and non-age range specifi...
Mon May 16, 2016 1:03 am
Topic: American or Brit Certification/Credential for non-citizens.

Re: Response

PsyGuy wrote: > > 4) You can only pursue elementary, English (lit), math, science, social > studies and special education certification. This has now changed with Teach now, it is now possible to complete in a wide range of subjects: • ART (K-12); •PERFORMING ARTS – VISUAL ARTS (K-12) •BIOLOGY (7-12...
Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:40 am
Topic: Living and salary in Zurich

Living and salary in Zurich

Does anyone have any idea of the standard of living in Zurich for a teacher with a trailing spouse? I'm looking at the elite tier schools where the salary comes in over 70,000+ swiss francs on search ( I have no clue what the actual salary would be). It doesn't seem like housing is included.... Woul...
Sun May 03, 2015 8:04 am

Re: Beneficial to have multiple teaching certificates?

Thanks Psyguy. I have more than three years experience post certification and I'm just looking to add a U.S. licence. I'm at an elite tier school already but I'd like to open up the option of working in the big American curriculum schools which doesn't seem to be likely without being a U.S./Canadian...
Sat May 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Re: Beneficial to have multiple teaching certificates?

Doe you know which states accept non U.S. citizens who do not live in the U.S. for a licence? My understanding is that many states have a requirement that a non U.S. Citizen must teach in the state from be eligible.
Sat May 02, 2015 6:48 pm

Re: Beneficial to have multiple teaching certificates?

So, following on from teachingagain1945, is there a way for a non US citizen with QTS to get an American licence?
Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:45 pm
Topic: Career Strategy and Planning - International Schools

Re: Career Strategy and Planning - International Schools

Carl wrote: > Hello all, > > I'm a new teacher and am going to graduate with my teaching qualification > in July this year. I will be qualified to teach 7-12 Visual Arts, Visual > Design, Ceramics and Photography. I'm single with no dependants. > > What would be the best career strategy focused on e...
Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:10 am
Topic: Sinarmas World Academy, Jakarta

Re: Sinarmas World Academy, Jakarta

There has also been a huge amount of recent negative reviews of the goings on there on the paid section of the site. I'd pay the $30 to read them.