Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:17 pm
Topic: Singapore Salary to Match £60k in China?

Re: Singapore Salary to Match £60k in China?

If you compare Tianjin and Singapore, the equivalent salary would be S$230,000 a year. www.numbeo.com
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:47 pm
Topic: VPN For China

Re: VPN For China

Astrill with a private IP address.
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:43 am
Topic: applying for the same position on multiple sites

Re: applying for the same position on multiple sites

I applied to my current school (which I have not yet arrived at due to Covid) through Schrole, but I actually interviewed and got the job at Search.
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:40 pm
Topic: COVID, 21/22 Job Season & You?

Re: COVID, 21/22 Job Season & You?

I have yet to arrive at my 2020 post. I am not alone.
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:09 am
Topic: How do you get to work?

Re: How do you get to work?

School 1 school bus
School 2 electric scooter
School 3 car
School 4 school bus or taxi ( (if we ever get there)
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:46 am
Topic: COVID, 21/22 Job Season & You?

Re: COVID, 21/22 Job Season & You?

sciteach wrote: "Many people lost their jobs due to less students, many people could not get to their job, borders were closed, etc." There is nothing past tense about this. It is still very much ongoing. I am still stuck in one country, trying to get to my new school in another country. I can think...
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:08 pm

Re: thai police clearance cert

That's sounds more like it. They will only issue one police check a day so I had to go back twice. The second one was for an application for certification. I find its better to have copies of police reports from every country I've worked in regardless of whether my new school requires it. Maybe I'm ...
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:07 pm

Re: thai police clearance cert

Brillo, just to clarify, were you applying for a police report in Thai or an English one for those leaving the country? I was at the central police station in Pathum Wan at the beginning of July and needed all the paperwork. The only difference with the previous time I went in June was they had set ...
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:35 am

Re: thai police clearance cert

I've been to the central police station in Pathum Wan twice for police checks in the last month. It takes about an hour. You need your blue book, passport (and copies of both) plus you're current contract and the contract for your next school. Sign everything.150 Baht including postage.
Fri May 15, 2020 7:42 am
Topic: Staying for the Summer, or flying home for a visit?

Re: Staying for the Summer, or flying home for a visit?

We don't want to go through two sets of quarantine. We've already asked our landlord if we can stay extra month. Our new school is a 2 1/2 hour flight away (different country) and that's quite enough. To be honest I'd rather not get on a plane at all.
Sun May 10, 2020 7:29 pm
Topic: Let the Bloodbath Begin.....

Re: Let the Bloodbath Begin.....

We're also moving to a country currently with closed boarders (for foreigners). While it is concerning, the school has given no indication that we will not be required. I'm being contacted by department heads about possible PD opportunities, I have a school email address and my kids have been assign...
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:52 am
Topic: Job Cuts

Re: Job Cuts

"Think about it from the parent perspective: why would I pay for a pricey private/international school for a year if I can just go to the local public option online for a year before things are sorted out?: Because the local public version is still inferior to the private version? And also, the priv...