Raha International School Abu Dhabi

antitravolta

Raha International School Abu Dhabi

Post by antitravolta »

Anybody know anything about this school? There are no reviews in the member section and I haven't heard of them.
gus

Post by gus »

This is a for profit school - off island. Not a bad place to start but not a place you would want to make a career of. Could live comfortably here but not save a ton unless you chose to tutor after school or evenings, then you can send your paycheck home. Work expectations are reasonable and the school rents out facilities after school so extra-curr expectations are not huge. Pretty young staff that generally has a lot of fun together.

Are you coming with family or single, and what do you have for teaching/overseas experience?
inman

Post by inman »

The reviews are under 'Al Raha International School' in the members section.
antitravolta

Post by antitravolta »

[quote="inman"]The reviews are under 'Al Raha International School' in the members section.[/quote]

That explains it. Thanks! Seems like a decent place to get IB experience.
Yantantether

Post by Yantantether »

The reviews didn't look too 'decent'.
gus

Post by gus »

I am at another IS in Abu Dhabi and am familiar with the country and school so if you have specific questions, ask away.
nkraai

Post by nkraai »

[quote="gus"]I am at another IS in Abu Dhabi and am familiar with the country and school so if you have specific questions, ask away.[/quote]

@Gus or others, what would you say about the American Community School of Abu Dhabi?
antitravolta

Post by antitravolta »

@Gus or others, what would you say about the American Community School of Abu Dhabi?[/quote]

It's widely considered the best school in Abu Dhabi and first tier with from what I've seen the best package in the UAE.
ajamet

Post by ajamet »

Hi everyone.I am new to the forum but have been looking for quite some time. @Gus, I was recently offered a position at Raha. If anyone can give me more information about the area and the school I would be so grateful.
gus

Post by gus »

American Community School. - Great school...Tier 1. Kids are amazing, good extra-curr programs. Would jump at the chance to work here.

RAHA - Not a tier 1 school but an ok school to get experience.

Abu Dhabi is an easy place to live with lots going on and generally good salaries although I'm not sure about Raha.
ajamet

Post by ajamet »

Thank you Gus. They have also offered my husband an assistant job at the school and have recently sent us the list of benefits. Would you be willing to answer some questions by email? Thank you.
gus

Post by gus »

no problem, send me your email and I can answer what you need.