QSI and Single Hiring

Overhere

Post by Overhere »

How exactly did you help us get our jobs with QSI? You simply provided information about QSI and Bratislava.

I don't see any complaints about being asked whether I was a Christian or not in my previous post. Someone asked a question and I answered it from my experience. It didn't bother me then and it doesn't bother me now, but someone asked so I answered. I would agree that it is not a school system with a religious affiliation, like Concordia.

If you don't believe my comment about uncertified teachers being hired then you need to ask your current director, who I think is a pretty good admin, about her IB biology teacher and her first IB chemistry teacher last year.

How long ago did you teach in Bratislava? I think the teacher turnover during the past 2 years speaks volumes about the quality of the school environment.

As for single teachers, they all had housing of similar quality to couples or families in Bratislava.
Nomad68

QSI - UK teachers?

Post by Nomad68 »

Can anyone clarify if QSI even consider hiring applicants from the UK? I am a (non-smoking) internationally experienced Brit with a trailing (non-teaching) spouse and infant. Do I stand a chance with QSI or are they firmly North American?
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

QSI runs 39 schools, so I don't know that you would be familiar with all of them. I have heard from too many people about the religious aspect to make me disbelieve it, although that might be more with particular directors...after all, when you are the director of a QSI school in a small, remote place, employees better toe the . line. For most people, QSI is more a place to get your foot in the IT door rather than a destination.
IAMBOG

Post by IAMBOG »

I believe it's not a question of where you come from, but where you trained . I'm a Canadian trained Brit and I got offered an interview last November (as a teaching couple).

One of their promotional videos has a Brit in it, although obviously, I don't know what his background is.
sevarem

Post by sevarem »

QSI hires predominately North Americans teachers, but that being said, we have teachers from the UK, Spain, Sweden, Malaysia, and various other places at my school. If you interview well and you have what they're looking for (and they can get you a visa), then they will hire you.
mbovi

Post by mbovi »

It seems that they are predisposed to hiring teaching couples. As a single person, I seemed to have all the qualities they were looking for....except the fact that I am a single person. So, they denied me an offer.

However, it worked out for the better bc I received a lucrative offer from Tokyo instead and I have been here ever since, teaching at what is considered by most as the best international school in Japan.