Skype Interview Advice

business88

Skype Interview Advice

Post by business88 »

I need some advice on what to wear for a Skype interview. Should I go formal suit and tie or would a shirt and tie suffice? What would an interviewer want to know or see from me on the interview. Any advice would be appreciated.
fine dude

Re: Skype Interview Advice

Post by fine dude »

Shirt and tie is fine. Establish eye contact by looking at the camera, have a brief list of questions to ask the admin about typical routine, school facilities, demographics etc. at the end of the interview.
business88

Post by business88 »

Thank you so much for the advice. Anything I should know about Zoom or is it similar to Skype?
mamava

Post by mamava »

I also considered the background--what people would see behind me. And, I practiced having the computer high enough so I could have another computer next to or slightly lower where I could look at notes or check the school's website as needed.
expatscot

Post by expatscot »

I had my iPad propped up on a music stand, with all my notes stuck on the wall behind it. Shirt & tie, with jeans on the bottom half (wouldn't risk the PJs!)
vandsmith

Post by vandsmith »

i try to have a very nice background: bookshelves, leather bound books that you can almost smell the mahogany and and paper through the computer.

v.