TAISM

ajbraszell

TAISM

Post by ajbraszell »

Anyone have any recent info/feedback/reviews on The American International School of Muscat (TAISM)? I've been offered a Skype interview. From what I understand, they seem to be a very good organisation.

Cheers!
marieh

Re: TAISM

Post by marieh »

If I were looking for a position, I would apply there in a heartbeat. Campus is gorgeous, staff is friendly, and I have heard nothing but wonderful things about the director, Kevin Schafer.
justlooking

Post by justlooking »

I have a friend there. He says mostly good things about the school and country. He raves about the students (well, not their skills, but their attitudes and conduct) but doesn't love the head. Pretty good package, nice place to live. I would go for it.
twoteachers

Post by twoteachers »

I applied there this year and would have gone in a heartbeat!!!!
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

I applied four years ago--just a "cold call" sort of application--and also would've gone in a heartbeat. I taught at a different school in Muscat for two years and it is a great place to live. Loved the lifestyle but in the end couldn't deal with the school I was at.
justlooking

Post by justlooking »

Heyteach,

Were you working at ABA in Muscat? I heard that was a good option too. More or less on par with TAISM. Not sure about the running of the school, but my friend told me students who don't cut it at ABA often wind up at TAISM.
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

JL, ABA has a good reputation, but I don't personally know either school.