Dulwich Colleges - China

mikecrony

Dulwich Colleges - China

Post by mikecrony »

Hi,

I am aware of the school ethos, vision and their standards. Any first hand knowledge on they paygrades and are they different for different schools? Dulwich - Suzhou (Secondary teachers) in particular? What about pollution in suzhou? Is it really as bad as they say?

Thx
bludgeoned again

Re: Dulwich Colleges - China

Post by bludgeoned again »

Very good pay and package. They pay housing, worldwide insurance (ex US) and annual flights, plus shipping in and out. They used to post the salary and bennies on the Shanghai website don't know if they still do. My info is from Search. It's a bit lower for Suzhou.
mikecrony

Post by mikecrony »

fringe benefits are ok. I am looking for a more specific realist number or range in RMB or USD.
Kindly write a PM if not comfortable discussing here.
Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

From recollection they do vary slightly from location to location, usually with regards to housing prices. Obviously there is a difference depending on whether you're a single person or arriving with a family.

As a rough example (in terms of allowances) in Shanghai a typical family of 4 might receive circa 20,000RMB/month which would include rent, food, flights. There is an option to use the school allocated housing which would reduce the allowance to 7,000RMB/month.

I know that schools in Shanghai (not just Dulwich) are struggling to find affordable accommodation as prices have risen dramatically in the past couple of years. Over the past 8 years rental prices on a typical 3 bedroom apartment have risen from around 9,000RMB/month to around 16,000RMB/month (assuming you want to live in a reasonable neighbourhood). During that time the housing allowance has risen by only 500RMB/month.

General cost of living has also risen during that time by around 25% but this could just be Shanghai. At one time we could get through a month without spending much of our monthly wage but that has all changed in the last couple of years.

It might well be different for the other locations but hopefully this will give you a bit of info to work on. Good luck!
Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

.....and yes the pollution can be pretty bad....sorry! :D
overseaslifer

Post by overseaslifer »

Mikecrony, I believe PMs are not available. Ask on the members only forum, I can provide some pay scale info.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

@mikecrony

Indeed, PMs are not enabled on the public forum, please try the member forum.