20 applications with teachaway!!!

Yasserezz

20 applications with teachaway!!!

Post by Yasserezz »

Hello,

My wife has applied for almost 20 jobs with Teachaway. She is qualified for all of them, master degree in education and so many years teaching. All the jobs she applied for are closed. We have no idea why they keep closing the applications. Of course they wont give any reason. Anyone had an experience with them?. That's so annoying for real.
shadowjack

Re: 20 applications with teachaway!!!

Post by shadowjack »

Hmmm...are you guys signed up with TIEonline? Do you look at the tesjobs.co.uk site?

Why Teachaway? Not an agency that is really on my radar (or that of my colleagues in general at any school I have ever taught at overseas).

Perhaps the problem isn't your wife, but teachaway? Or perhaps you are not a teacher and so your wife is not being considered with a trailing spouse at the schools Teachaway represents?

There can be many reasons why this happens.
Nomad68

Post by Nomad68 »

Why bother with TeachAway? I've had the same experience with them and wouldn't waste my time. I can't ever recall even having an acknowledgement from them.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Update for you. Try Teacherhorizons. They will even inbox you with a list of jobs. Things seem to be heating up this time of year as the British schools start looking to fill positions. Even though I'm not looking, it's nice to know there are jobs in my field out there!