Which Dubai School offer best packages accom nearby city?

Jazzy_AU

Which Dubai School offer best packages accom nearby city?

Post by Jazzy_AU »

Hi, I'm a single female experienced teacher from Australia? I'm looking to move to Dubai in April or August? Can anyone tell me the best schools to approach that have the best packages ie. Accomodation nearby school or main city, money, etc utilities possibly paid for?
Staff satisfaction? Esp with a supporting admin....
Reading the reviews, almost seems non existent..?
Am I better going with a recruitment agency, if so which one?
Or should I visit the schools recommended myself?....I'm coming over to Dubai for a holiday in January....planning to bring my resume incase.
Hope someone can help with advice or positives....or is it all bad?
:)
rudolph

Re: Which Dubai School offer best packages accom nearby city

Post by rudolph »

What do you teach and what are you looking for in terms of a school? Your post is riddled with questions but little else. Of course there are numerous rock solid schools in Dubia which offer excellent education to their students and good remuneration to their employees. As such, they can afford to be selective in whom they consider for positions. Applicants would do well to keep this in mind.
Jazzy_AU

Post by Jazzy_AU »

Thanks for your reply - yes I guess I was a little to eager with my questions lol
I'm a primary school teacher...I've been eLearning & src coordinator for 2 years, prep art coordinator 1 year. Mentorred a few staff now that were getting their teacher accreditation in Australia. I can teach from K-6, prefer Yrs 3-4. I can speak a little Arabic. I've worked at Islamic school in Australia for 7 years with an IB and Australian curriculum. I'd prefer to teach at a school with more expat students but if the school/staff/ admin are nice then would love a school that has these qualities and of course a good package where it will make the transition move a lil easier. Hope you can help with suggestion please? :)
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Alert! Alert! Be careful about visiting schools looking for jobs. It might be that you find the contract you signed is a local hire contract because you came to them.

My advice would be to use TIEonline, Search, TES, and other sites/avenues to find your job. There should be one for you.

Good luck.

Shad
Jazzy_AU

Post by Jazzy_AU »

Thanks Shad! Excellent advice, much appreciated!
turinbrakes

Post by turinbrakes »

Strongly suggest you avoid any GEMS schools !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The not for profit schools are best....as in pay,standard of accommodation provided and how they treat staff.

Look for JESS and DESC and Dubai College