Riyadh schools

themathteacher

Riyadh schools

Post by themathteacher »

Does anyone know anything about Riyadh schools in Riyadh? It is a large school in Riyadh, about 2000. I've tried looking up reviews and information about it on the web, but have found nothing.
shadowjack

Re: Riyadh schools

Post by shadowjack »

It is private schooling for Saudi students. Don't know much other than that. Didn't know anybody who worked for them during my time in Riyadh. They weren't in ISLR (International Schools League of Riyadh) and weren't really international. Western education for local kids. Boys and girls will be segregated, mosques will be on campus. Behaviour will be mixed, but if you get to know the kids and you genuinely care about teaching and getting the most from your students, they will be very loyal to you.

Riyadh is not the easiest place to live in the world - strangely enough, however, if you go looking for it, there is lots to do there!
CoachM

Re: Riyadh schools

Post by CoachM »

Shadowjack is spot on. I interviewed with this school a couple of years ago. They are a private Saudi school that provides American Curriculum in English. Its only been a few years that they have made the switch and they are doing it in segments so the last few years they have been hiring a lot of western educated (US, UK, & AUS) teachers. The school is run by a Prince who hired a big name head of school from Austria to run the show and do all the hiring.

Correct, they are not a part of ISLR.