Doha Modern Secondary School in Qatar

confused

Doha Modern Secondary School in Qatar

Post by confused »

One of my friends is about to seal the deal with Doha Modern Secondary School in Qatar. However she is still not sure whether this school really exists or not. The school has a website http://www.dohamss.com , strangely does not have any contact info, address or even a phone number in their web site. My friend says that she can not find any one who knows this school. While trying to check the given address in the contract google maps does not show such a school or address. The phone number in the contract seems not to be active. They reject Skype meeting requests saying that this is the Arab world no such video meeting are allowed?? Is there anybody out there who has some idea about this school in particular?? Please go ahead and share.
julierob25

Re: Doha Modern Secondary School in Qatar

Post by julierob25 »

I am not familiar with the school but I can say they do Skype interviews in the Arab world as I had one with a school in Bahrain a few years back. Whatever she does tell your friend not to pay any money as some cons pose as a school and say they neeed you to send money for the visa. Who did she interview with? Contact them and ask for contact details. Maybe check out the Qatar Education Ministry or its equivalent. Good luck.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

If this is the Doha Modern English School, the one where the teacher was killed by the security guard, avoid it like the plague.
jessiejames

Post by jessiejames »

The image of the students celebrating their 'National Environment Day' on their website front page is actually from the Philippine School Doha, which rings alarm bells.
shannonandrea

Post by shannonandrea »

I received a job offer from Doha Modern Secondary School that was too good to be true. I did a bit of research and had my dreams crushed. The school claims to be a non profit, but their website ends in .com and they have random ads popping up on the website.

When I called the numbers listed on my "contract" (since there are no contact numbers on the website) a man answered by simply saying hello; not identifying himself or mentioning the school's name. He didn't listen to my questions and just kept telling me to sign and submit my contract. Their address does not exist on google maps; and they are not registered with any of the accreditation organizations they list on their website.
vandsmith

Post by vandsmith »

doesn't sound too modern.

v.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

I googled the name of the director and it popped up only two places - both were that website, which isn't a real website I am sure.

They want your passport info is what I am thinking. Next request would be for your driver's licence.

TIE had a school advertised a few years back in Jo'burg (a Halifax International School). I could find no info about them, but they wanted passport and driver's licence too.

People - if ever a school wants documents like that IN YOUR APPLICATION - it is a scam. Avoid like the plague.