CIS & Nagoya

youpassgo

CIS & Nagoya

Post by youpassgo »

Hello all,

I would really appreciate any insight you have on these schools. I am seeking job and these schools all have an opening in my area. Any insight on the hiring process?

Two top choices are CIS- Chinese international school & Singapore American school, I could see myself being happy at either location for a long time. My third choice is Nagoya in Japan, but they have mixed reviews.

Thanks
shadowjack

Re: CIS & Nagoya

Post by shadowjack »

Singapore American School has likely done all their hiring by now.

Not sure about the other two.

I would estimate that SAS gets over 2000 applications a year for maybe 20 positions...
buffalofan

Post by buffalofan »

I was interested in Nagoya too, but at the London fair this month they didn't have many jobs left and had nothing available in my area. Better get in quick.
sunteacher

Post by sunteacher »

I would echo the previous poster, get in there and then see if you get an interview! I am working in Japan and it is a uniquely different living experience for me, it is very clean, safe and ridiculously easy to get about…downsides are travel (inside and to travel out ) can be expensive, the expat life is limited, but if you can live a 'jet' life then you'll have lots of chances to meet Japanese people….