Dubai, UAE or Iraq

Diva1000

Dubai, UAE or Iraq

Post by Diva1000 »

Which of these countries are best paid and easiest to work in?
Do they all give flights and accommodation also.
Ddd

Post by Ddd »

Shallow question, Dubai is an emirate in the UAE not a different country. No comparison between the Emirates and Iraq, but if you are after money only perhaps you should try something else.
It is compulsory for all schools to provide accommodation for teachers in the Middle East, and generally 95 percent of international schools provide accommodation or an allowance. Different in Europe, but higher wages there...
Good luck, you should do your homework on forums (here and TES).
Diva1000

Post by Diva1000 »

It is not a shallow question. When you work as a volunteer teacher for 13 years in Ethiopia you will be entitled to your opinion, until then......
Dubai has different expectations to other UAE countries actually.
EUExplorer

Post by EUExplorer »

No, it's a legitimate question. I'm with Diva on this one. I love it when other people (especially fellow educators) try to make it seem it's SHAMEFUL to try to make as much money possible in our chosen profession. Of course, it's ok for any professions to seek out the best deal for themselves, but teachers should live near poverty or at most, middle class. After all, "we didn't get into this for the money", right? Speak for yourself, Ddd! :lol:
Ddd

Post by Ddd »

I was actually talking about the fact that Dubai is an emirate within the UAE, not a different country. I think that fellow educators should know this, in this day and age when lots of info is available within seconds.

With regards to money, I meant that even though some schools might pay well in the Middle East (max 3500 GBP for a class teacher, in 2 or 3 schools), you will still make far less than other professions... Life is not that cheap there, hence the suggestion for a different job.

As I said, good luck with the hunt
Diva1000

Re: Dubai, UAE or Iraq

Post by Diva1000 »

why would I want a different job when I'm a qualified teacher with an MA!
Maybe you are the one who needs a different job :-))))

Regards.

Oh and for the record my salary in Dubai will be £4215, plus £2000 allowance for relocation, house-keeper with apartment, medical insurance and return flights. I'm so excited.
Last edited by Diva1000 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flyingpigs

Post by Flyingpigs »

What is a 'quailed teacher"?
Just curious.
ShakHak

Post by ShakHak »

Hi!

The UAE is made up of 7 Emirates of which Dubai is the most well known. Even so, the Emirate with the highest pay is Abu Dhabi, which is also the capital of the UAE. Dubai doesn't pay nearly as well as Abu Dhabi & the overall compensation package isn't as generous. I'm not sure about Iraq as it's currently a conflict zone & maybe not a good option?

Good luck!
ShakHak https://coursecraft.net/courses/z9Pk8
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

So why ask if you have a salary in Dubai already?

The only IS school going in Iraq right now that I know of is in Kirkuk in Kurdistan area - not the best paying, not the worst.
Vernacular

Post by Vernacular »

There's an I.B. PYP (and MYP next year) school in Erbil, Kurdistan, Iraq: Bilkent College.
shadowjack

Post by shadowjack »

Thanks Vernacular - had my cities mixed up!

shad