Living in Seoul and Asia Pacific International

litgal

Living in Seoul and Asia Pacific International

Post by litgal »

Does anyone have insights about Asia Pacific International in Seoul?

Also, I would like to hear about what others think about life in Seoul... living expenses, culture/arts, food, ease of travel, expense of travel.... what do you think it would be for a single "mature" female?

Thanks!
newchapter

Post by newchapter »

Litgal,

I lived in Tokyo for 4 and a half years and visited Seoul for a few days to get my Visa. I wasn't crazy about it but I may have been biased because I loved Tokyo. Everything in Japan works, is efficient, and spiffy...Seoul seemed dirty and broken down. I stayed in an inexpensive hostel that had a hole in the roof and it was snowing inside! That was in the 90's so things may have changed.
Bellarex

Post by Bellarex »

I lived and worked about 50 miles south of Seoul for 2 years and loved it. Korea is a fantastic country... Transportation is cheap and efficient, food is great, and there are a lot of cultural places to visit around Seoul. You'll be able to find just about anything you want there. It's got 4 seasons, which I like, though many people complain about the long, gray winter season. I personally didn't find it too bad, but I'm from northwestern PA, so I'm used to it.
litgal

Post by litgal »

Thanks Newchapter and Bellarex,

Korea wasn't originally on my radar but there was great match in terms of position and I had an really good Skype conversation with the director last night. Nothing offered yet but I am trying to be armed with as much information as possible to help me make a decision if offered a job.

I am a newbie so any advice is appreciated!
Bellarex

Post by Bellarex »

I visited APIS once when I was in Korea as a visiting basketball coach. I didn't really have a chance to look around a lot, but it seemed like a nice campus. Like many things in Korea, it's had to use a bit of space management and build up instead of out. I just remember the gymnasium being a bit small.. not that that would affect your consideration at all.

My wife and I also just applied to this school. Just curious, which position did you apply to? We're both elementary.
litgal

Post by litgal »

I applied for the instructional coach position.