DDESS and job offers

NANtn

DDESS and job offers

Post by NANtn »

I have dreamed of working with the DoD school systems since I began my career path in teaching. I just recently had an interview and got the job offer for a stateside school- yay! However, timing was not on my side. A very close family member of mine has become quite feeble and I am faced with the decision of accepting or declining. I know that it is a very competitive program. I was wondering if anyone else out there has been through a like situation or has heard of anyone that has. I know that if you decline a job offer, that your application is inactive until the next school year. But, does this effect your chances of being referred for positions in the future? Will you be "blacklisted"? Has anyone ever declined, but still received job offers in the years after? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Crgallen22

Post by Crgallen22 »

I just know how competitive it is and would be very surprised if you had the opportunity again in the future. Good luck in your decision!
anon

Post by anon »

I have received 3 emails in the past week asking me to open my application to stateside/Puerto Rico.

Of course, hubby and I are under contract to an IS school starting in two weeks...

Years ago we were offered jobs (2) over the phone (twice) and declined as we were under contracts internationally.

Don't know if this helps.

All the best...