Info on Schools in Qatar and near by

PsychBean

Info on Schools in Qatar and near by

Post by PsychBean »

Hello All,

I am would like to know if anyone has any information on these schools?

Awsaj Academy

Qatar Academy Al-Wakra

Qatar Academy Doha

If you have any information about school and how american expats fair at these schools. Also what it is like to work at any of these schools. I would just like some background information from those who have been or know of others who work there.

Thank you.
sid

Post by sid »

They are all part of Qatar Foundation so would offer the same package and benefits.
Awsaj is a special needs school with very scripted lesson plans.
QA Al Wakra is a new bilingual school which is still establishing itself.
QA Doha is the oldest and most established of these schools. It has an excellent reputation. It is a full IB school at all grade levels.
All serve populations which are mostly Arab.

Americans should do fine at any of them. I'm not sure what the question is really looking for. Awsaj has almost all US teachers so far. The other schools have more of an international mix, including a good dose of Americans.

QA Al Wakra is not in Doha (stating the obvious). You would probably be housed in Wakra, which is not everyone's cup of tea. It's a smaller town with limited access to entertainment and diversions. Doha is about a 30 minute drive, so not really a problem if you're used to US style commutes.
PsychBean

Post by PsychBean »

Thanks I was wondering just about everything. You answered my questions and I will search elsewhere.