School/ Academic Counselor, which fair?

CindyL

School/ Academic Counselor, which fair?

Post by CindyL »

I have 3 years of experience teaching at an international school in Asia. Back in my home country to do school counseling for this academic year( college, career and socio/ emotional, guidance lessons) and want to pursue international again next year. MEd, certified teacher and counselor, have 5 years total experience in education. What are my chances of being invited? Counseling positions in demand ? Should I pursue Search, ISS, Iowa? Will signing up for the first ISS fair increase my chances? Any and all help appreciated!
WiseTeach

Post by WiseTeach »

I am going to beat this dead horse. Sorry. I personally would NOT use ISS. I paid for their services and also posted my resume with TIE and used their data base. My happy ending: Got a call to interview via Skype last January (I mailed the school after noticing their posting on TIE) Offered a counseling job 10 days later. Cancelled my fair attendance with ISS... they refused to refund my fair fee, even though I did not attend. I never had a single response from posting my information on ISS.

I hope you find your dream position. I am thinking that ISS is not only a money generating entity that cares little for teachers, but they are also a huge waste of time. Search & TIE. My recommendation for what it's worth. See prior thread. I am working now, and love my job.