Non-native English Speaker

yeshko

Non-native English Speaker

Post by yeshko »

I am curious about your thoughts on the chance of securing a counselor position in an international school as a non-native speaker. I have been living in the United States for 13 years and got my master's in school counseling from a US university and worked in public school system for 7 years. With all these experience and credentials, I am still unsure whether I would be considered as a competitive candidate due to my accent in English.
I will greatly appreciate if you could share your experience, observations and thoughts.
Thanks.
julkes

Re: Non-native English Speaker

Post by julkes »

[quote="yeshko"]I am curious about your thoughts on the chance of securing a counselor position in an international school as a non-native speaker. I have been living in the United States for 13 years and got my master's in school counseling from a US university and worked in public school system for 7 years. With all these experience and credentials, I am still unsure whether I would be considered as a competitive candidate due to my accent in English.
I will greatly appreciate if you could share your experience, observations and thoughts.
Thanks.[/quote]

If you can land a job in States, then you can do the same abroad.
yeshko

Post by yeshko »

Thank you for your response. My 7 year-experience as an educator (teacher and counselor) is in USA. Your response is encouraging:)