American International School of Budapest

yeshko

American International School of Budapest

Post by yeshko »

I am interested in AIS in Budapest and am wondering if anybody could give some info on the school and the community there.
Also; what would be the average response time of schools after submitting the application? It has been over a week and I did not hear anything yet.
Thanks in advance.
dreamgiver

Post by dreamgiver »

I got an email acknowledging receipt of my email the same day I sent it to AISB. But that was back in December. I have been corresponding with one of the principals at AISB and I know they have been very busy going to the various fairs. So I'm not surprised that the communication isn't as quick right now.

I've always gotten pretty prompt responses from all the schools, except one. So I finally sent everything again, saying I'd never heard from them, not even the typical automated form email, to let me know if they received it. I heard back that time.
yeshko

Post by yeshko »

Thank you for your response. I might follow up with an email to see if they got my application.
dreamgiver

Post by dreamgiver »

Do you have 2 years of international school experience? They told me outright that right now that's what they want. If you don't, that could be why you haven't heard from them. I got the impression they will consider candidates without 2 years of IS experience if they don't find someone they like that does have it.
yeshko

Post by yeshko »

I do not have international school experience. Since the ethos &requirements in their website do not state it as a "must" but "preference", I just applied. But that might be the reason why I haven't been contacted yet.
indogal

Post by indogal »

Good luck! I was hoping for a position at AISB last time I went looking for a job. Even with experience at two international schools, the most recent one at a top tier school, they would not even give me an interview at the job fair.
dreamgiver

Post by dreamgiver »

Yeshko, I totally think it's worth applying. You never know. I do not have international experience and I've had a lot of correspondence and interest from AISB. However they said they would wait to skype or fair interview me if they haven't filled the job before then with someone with IS experience. so it's not required, just highly desired.
yeshko

Post by yeshko »

Dreamgiver, thank you for the encouragement. I feel the same way: you never know! So, while keeping my hopes low, I am still enthusiastic and crossing my fingers.
Good luck to you too. I hope, you get the position you most desire.